Board logo

HSR body shell.... in 3 days time... :)
Slimy38 - 20/6/18 at 06:16 PM

Yep, I finally got off my back side, tracked down a supplier of the Healey Seven Replica body, and got the phone call this morning that it will be delivered on Saturday afternoon. Expect many hundreds of photos, even if my chassis hasn't got the fittings for it yet!!

big_wasa - 20/6/18 at 06:21 PM

I would love to see how it builds up.

Ugg10 - 20/6/18 at 06:33 PM

Nice, you putting on an mk you already have or starting from scratch.

Slimy38 - 20/6/18 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ugg10
Nice, you putting on an mk you already have or starting from scratch.

It's going on an MX5 based Haynes that has come up from bare metal.

big_wasa - 20/6/18 at 07:20 PM

Is it made in Lincolnshire ? I am sure I see they where made just up the road near Raf Conningsby

Slimy38 - 20/6/18 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Is it made in Lincolnshire ? I am sure I see they where made just up the road near Raf Conningsby

Yep, Metheringham.

big_wasa - 20/6/18 at 07:58 PM

What colour have you gone for ? I love them in gray.

Slimy38 - 20/6/18 at 09:16 PM

quote:
What colour have you gone for ? I love them in gray.

It was a challenge choosing the colour, but I've gone for British Racing Green. I'll be doing the side panels in the cream colour. If I can get pretty close to this then I'll be happy;

Stevie_P - 20/6/18 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:

Yep, Metheringham.

Interesting. Other half's mother lives there. I'll have to check them out when we're next up that way.

Slimy38 - 23/6/18 at 02:49 PM

it needs the flash lines tidying, and I need to get my bike sold in order to give me room to fit it, but I'm very happy with the outcome. And the colour is spot on.

big_wasa - 23/6/18 at 03:28 PM

Will you be building wheel tubs and stuff ?

Slimy38 - 23/6/18 at 04:14 PM

Yes I would expect to have at least something in the arches, either more fibreglass or maybe aluminium. I can see real Healeys had black arch linings just inside the lip so something similar would be good.

Karl was saying he chopped up some old Lotus 7 arches and they fitted perfectly. I might do some Ebay searching for something along those lines.

Benzine - 26/6/18 at 09:49 AM

Looks good, look forward to updates! Any idea what space is like up front in terms bonnet height compared to a standard se7en bonnet? Also is there more room for a bigger radiatior?

Slimy38 - 26/6/18 at 12:23 PM

Not sure about bonnet height yet, I think it'll be very similar. Obviously width wise there's a lot more flexibility (for example a turbo can hang outside the frame where it would cause an issue with a seven).

I'd expect the same applies for a radiator, instead of being confined to a nose cone width it can be as wide as the opening. Of course it then might be challenging to find a wide but short radiator!

I think this is likely what I'll end up with, a central radiator then some sort of intake design on the left and right;

[Edited on 26/6/18 by Slimy38]

Mash - 23/7/18 at 07:22 PM

Looks good Mate

Was it really expensive? Are they still making them?

I can feel yet another project coming on