Board logo

On the road and close enough to finished for this year
Dale - 23/9/18 at 04:40 AM

I have not posted for quite a while.
Its been a long haul and still lots to go. Started Oct 9,2003. On the road last October and just got some paint on it this week, It looks good from a distance but needs a sand and clear coat but that will not be this year. Still deciding on the colour for roll hoops and bumpers and I think a change in the windscreen frame.( thinking satin nickle)
Its different from most but its definitely one of a kind. Ford 2.3 factory turbo, speeduino ecu currently at 11 lbs boost until I am more familiar with it then I should be able to safely bump it up to 19-22 lbs. That should give me about 250-270 rwhp.

front
front

side
side

rear
rear

Dale

Slater - 23/9/18 at 12:30 PM

I applaud your efforts Dale. You've put a lot of work into it. Looks good. One of a kind for sure. I really like the nose and whole front end.

I think a chrome/satin nickle windscreen surround, bumpers and roll hoops plus trim will look great. I also think a curved type windscreen would suit the car more that the flat one. I am not sure on the wheels?? Maybe needs something more period looking?? Can you get wire wheels to fit on those hubs?

tilly819 - 23/9/18 at 01:17 PM

Superb job. That is going to be great when its all finished!!

Tilly

40inches - 23/9/18 at 02:11 PM

You must be really happy with that?

Dale - 23/9/18 at 03:37 PM

Yes wire wheels would be great, but out of the budget for now. Pretty much the same fore the glass, the frame is strong enough to slow down and deflect a deer as we have so many around here. Btw the glass is glued in flush with the frame.
Dale