Board logo

bodywork ideas in 3D
Dutchman - 24/12/07 at 09:11 PM

Friend of mine put in 3D what I've imagine and put to the paper , so we did the back ... do you like it , it will run on 17" wheels .. and front will be done soon I have some doubts with front but will consult U before I start building it

Hellfire - 24/12/07 at 09:15 PM

Well it's certainly interesting...

Keep it up...

Steve

RazMan - 24/12/07 at 09:17 PM

I like that - but it will take some radical thinking to make an appropriate front end. Keep us posted

Paradoxia0 - 24/12/07 at 10:47 PM

Hey, I like that!

Bit Lambo....

Be interested to see the front....

t.j. - 26/12/07 at 08:59 AM

Nice,

Although i like the "separate" wings more.

BTW: how is your approval?

Dale - 29/12/07 at 08:07 PM

I like the back but would worry on the view from directly behind. I played with a similar idea but more curved and it looked very big buttish. Those tail lites may have solved the issue though. Good work.
Dale

alexdj125 - 30/12/07 at 02:18 PM

If you make a back end that looks like that I'll buy one! I love it!

Dutchman - 31/12/07 at 12:14 AM

Yeah it is Lamborghini Murcielago for the basic idea for the back , did some sketching for the front but didn't finish it have some doubts to integrate headlights in the bonnet/nose or to find some sexy lights like on choppers or naked bikes ...

thx for positive replay

p.s. Payed some dinner so SVA is passed

Dutchman - 5/1/08 at 11:12 PM

this is the way I'm going now little ruff but hope U can see what I'm aiming 4
but thinking to do the headlights incorporated with nose and bonnet

any suggestion

RazMan - 5/1/08 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

but thinking to do the headlights incorporated with nose and bonnet

That is the tricky part - like it so far
A bit like the Donkervoort D8 GT

[Edited on 7-1-08 by RazMan]

oadamo - 6/1/08 at 02:06 AM

i like the look of that. the roll over bar looks smart aswell.
adam

Dutchman - 6/5/08 at 12:25 AM

Back in bussines afther winter

hope U like what U see

Benonymous - 6/5/08 at 07:15 AM

Love the drivers seat! Are you selling those?

Seriously. The only thing I'd add at this point is a comment from the last photo in the previous post. The drivers arm looks a little cramped, that's why the original has the bodywork following the curved tube that is at the top of the chassis. Elbow room. This might just be a trick of the photo and not a problem with a wider than stock chassis.

The whole thing looks good though, good progress.

Dutchman - 6/5/08 at 03:42 PM

the problem with elbow room isn't there if U'r siting normally , but it will be a slight crunchy because I will make seat with bigger angel so the roll bar do not cross 1meter or 40inches or as close I can get ... but this is the book chassis so there is lack of space any way

if there are customers for it , I will sell the fiber shell

Dutchman - 7/5/08 at 11:34 PM

next day

3D model , and all the drawing are just a path to do final design , U cant believe how much changes I had to made so it will look the same as in 3D, human eye is one nasty MF

t.j. - 8/5/08 at 06:58 AM

Looking good, you're are making more progress than i am.... I see it's a lot off work making your own body-work
Now i'm sure i'm going to follow the standard alu route.

grtz

Ps. Who's that mean looking man in blue?

Dutchman - 8/5/08 at 12:41 PM

the man in blue is my older brother

every day on project is a holiday for me ... hope to finally finish the body before summer

p.s. Dutchman is a nickname I'm from Serbia actually

Fred W B - 8/5/08 at 09:31 PM

Good effort!

I have to ask - do you have an oil painting hanging on one side of your courtyard (with graffiti on the other) or do you need burgular bars inside your garage?

Cheers

Fred W B

Dutchman - 9/5/08 at 01:38 AM

the oil painting is a cheep reproduction from 70's and it is a joke , a save it from dumpster , my neighbor wonted to get rid of it, burglar bars is on back windows of some shop (just in case) , graffiti that is well few of mine few was there , actually I check spray gun on that wall

emsfactory - 11/5/08 at 01:11 PM

Looks good, nice to see someone going for something different.

t.j. - 12/5/08 at 01:50 PM

I personal want to have the fuel-more forward. But just interrest: I looks like a productioncar fuel tank. Which one?

Groetjes (=Dutch )

Dutchman - 13/5/08 at 12:37 AM

Fuel tank is from BMW M3 model E30 , it is additional tank actually

MakeEverything - 5/8/08 at 04:10 AM

Coooool stuff. It makes me want to make my own plug and glass mould for a GT body.
How have you got on so far??

Dutchman - 13/8/08 at 02:55 AM

I will post some pics soon , was in Montenegro for month now back to work and my projects

MakeEverything - 13/8/08 at 05:26 AM

Happy Days!!

scootz - 23/1/10 at 05:57 PM

Yep... I like that!