Board logo

rear lights
jabbahutt - 24/9/08 at 01:30 PM

Well I'm getting a bit better at posting these photos so here is a view of the rear lights.

I'm really happy with how they turned out. If anyone is considering the Hella led ring lights I have a really cheap easy solution as fitted in the photo.

Anyone care to guess what the housings are made of?

[img] rear lights
rear lights
[/img]

davidinhull - 24/9/08 at 01:35 PM

OK - no idea

a4gom - 24/9/08 at 01:36 PM

drain pipe?

jabbahutt - 24/9/08 at 01:39 PM

pretty damn close. They're made from the plastic union for kitchen extract ductwork.

bought 5 from Wickes for about 80p each and cut in half at the thicker bit where the ducts meet.

Bit of wet and dry to clean the face and spray black.

The Heela Rings are a nice tight push fit and you can make them thicker or thinner to suit the rear wings on your car.

Hope it helps someone

Benzine - 24/9/08 at 01:45 PM

Nice Get them from SVC? I'm about to order some rear lights myself. When I had the same type on my MK i used some drain pipe from B&Q but on my Elan shell I won't need to extrude them and I can have them flush.

Bluemoon - 24/9/08 at 02:09 PM

Car's looking good.. Congrats..

Dan

Kriss - 24/9/08 at 02:38 PM

Look great.

Would Hello lights fit into the SVC circle CF effect housings like mine have (See archive)

I imagine the lights are similar sizes/diameters

jabbahutt - 24/9/08 at 02:47 PM

I started out with the carbon effect ones from SVC. The problem is you need to cut the two screw attachment off to fit the Hella lights and because they are tapered on the back edge I found a large portion of the light stuck through the rear wing and I wasn't happy with the fit.

People have used the SVA mounts successfully with the Hella lights but I couldn't find any decent photos of them fitted from inside the wing to convince me how they attached.

A search on here should bring up some threads on the subject.

Cheers
Nigel

Delinquent - 24/9/08 at 03:10 PM

that's a cracking job you've done on the dash board - looks very professional.

Kriss - 24/9/08 at 03:33 PM

where can I pick up some hellas?

Hellfire - 24/9/08 at 05:50 PM

Details here

Phil

Stuart_B - 25/9/08 at 03:49 PM

hi, here is a picture of mine.

thanks

stuart