Board logo

ford oem v6 ecu pin outs information
Pocketrocket - 23/8/16 at 09:32 PM

Hi to all im new to the forum (and im hoping ive posted in the correct spot too!) and im hoping i can pick some brains and hopefully share with you all my project im currently working on.

Im currently in the process of building a transit mk5 (the smiley face grill) with the jaguar ajv6 out of an s-type and manual box.

Its currently running on the loom from a 2.5 v6 ford cougar. All was going well and i raced the van at northweald drag strip last month but now as ive started to thin out the loom removing redundant stuff its developed a miss fire as though the tc is activated (like it did in the cougar with wheelspin).

Has anyone got a detailed pin-out diagram for the cougar/mondeo v6 ecu (not got full details to hand) as im wandering if the ecu needs to see a live/earth from the tc/abs to give full injectors?

Googled all over and this site popped up quite a few times with the ford ecu etc
I also looked at the haynes manual but that is about as much good as the usual choco fireguard!

This is the link to my build on the transit forum if anyone wants to read about an old transit!

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=161270&sid=1c7977fb7332f07cd9a12b33a569c105

Many thanks pete

Pocketrocket - 24/8/16 at 07:04 AM

Small update, ive gone over all the wiring and found a loose earth that was for the fuel pump, all I cam think is that it wasn't getting enough volts/amps etc to give full pressure because after a clean contact was made boom! she fired and is running smooth again!!

Anybody thats has got any info on the pinouts please still reply as it would be handy to have the info as I still think the loom could be thinned even more!

Anyway chaps have a good day I know I will its a small worry off my mind now lol
Cheers pete

[Edited on 24/8/16 by Pocketrocket]

40inches - 24/8/16 at 08:19 AM

As far as the Ford diagrams go, I only have the Haynes Mondeo manual.
I have diagrams for the X type and S type, don't know if they used a similar EMC to the Mondeo, but you
are welcome to copies.

Pocketrocket - 24/8/16 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I have diagrams for the X type and S type, don't know if they used a similar EMC to the Mondeo, but you
are welcome to copies.

Yeh I have the stype wiring novel and the engine manual.........needless to say thats why ive gone with the Ford setup! Lol
I did go down the road of using the jag loom but its so complex and run into everything else it was just a nightmare!

Just glad it was an easy fix.......phew!

40inches - 24/8/16 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pocketrocket
quote:
are welcome to copies.

Yeh I have the stype wiring novel and the engine manual.........needless to say thats why ive gone with the Ford setup! Lol
I did go down the road of using the jag loom but its so complex and run into everything else it was just a nightmare!

That's why I went Megasquirt

Pocketrocket - 24/8/16 at 09:17 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pocketrocket
quote:
are welcome to copies.

That's why I went Megasquirt

I do intend to go megasquirt in future, when I first started to do the engine swap it seemed like hardly anyone had had any sort of dealings with the jag lump and info on how I could run it without the jag ecu was a bit thin on the ground (maybe me not looking hard enough) but over the last 12mnths the more ive gotten into the more ive learnt!
And since ive searched this forum it seems like loads of people are using it!

Plenty of reading for me to look at anyway

big_wasa - 24/8/16 at 02:51 PM

Nice to see projects with oem bits.

I havnt done a v6 yet but plan on doing the st220, I all ready have an ecu and key. I am still playing with the Focus Rs.

I doubt the traction control is a simple switched earth. It's more likely to be pulse width modulation (pwm). From the ones I've done there is no detriment to having it unconnected so I havnt researched it more.

I thought the jag lump had vvt ? And the mondeo lump has dual stage inlet (imrc) ?

Have you had an obd2 tool on it to see any codes and engine data ?

I normally do my pin outs by stripping a full loom back. Once you have done a couple they get easier.

40inches - 24/8/16 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa

I thought the jag lump had vvt ? And the mondeo lump has dual stage inlet (imrc) ?

The Jag has both, or should that be a 3 stage inlet?
The early S Type, before 2003 I think, has a single stage VVT cutting in at 5200 rpm, so easy to implement.

Pocketrocket - 25/8/16 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Nice to see projects with oem bits.

I havnt done a v6 yet but plan on doing the st220, I all ready have an ecu and key. I am still playing with the Focus Rs.

I doubt the traction control is a simple switched earth. It's more likely to be pulse width modulation (pwm). From the ones I've done there is no detriment to having it unconnected so I havnt researched it more.

Have you had an obd2 tool on it to see any codes and engine data ?

I normally do my pin outs by stripping a full loom back. Once you have done a couple they get easier.

Yes the jag has got vvt but as said its only single stage and the inlet flaps are controlled by just a live feed, the Idea I was toying with was to tap into the live that comes from the imrc in the cougar loom and use this to activate the vvt and inlet flaps.
The only downside to this is the imrc activares at around 3500ish rpm so may not be much benefit at such low revs
Another reason to go megasquirt in future.

Pocketrocket - 25/8/16 at 12:42 PM

While im here can I ask you lads a question?
Im fairly new to this type of electricals and was wandering, as the jag engine is now on the cougar coil pack/wasted spark can the inputs to the coil pack be spliced in such a way asoto run the original "cops"?
Just wandering if its been done before?