Board logo

Which wideband?
cliftyhanger - 15/4/17 at 06:46 PM

I want to add a wideband controller and sensor to my ME221 (almost done and running....)

Any suggestions?

So fa LC2, Spartan AEM and LD have popped up.
The LD one seems to use a different sensor, the Bosch LSU ADV.They claim it the lastest (and therefore best) sensor. Anybody know? Or got any recommendations? Where to buy and so on?

Cheers
Clive

40inches - 15/4/17 at 07:55 PM

I have the Spartan, works fine, and good value

matt5964 - 15/4/17 at 08:02 PM

I'm thinking of AEM x series

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/wideband-uego-air-fuel-controllers/x-series-inline-wideband-uego-afr-controller

Will link stright to the emerald k6

Looks to be the fastest sensors on the market

luke2152 - 15/4/17 at 11:22 PM

I've had innovate and aem ones on different cars. Both worked well but aem has the controller built into the gauge ie. It wont work without it. Innovate has separate controller and the gauge is an optional accessory. The connectors on the aem gauge were less than reliable and could be knocked out easily (not so easy as to just vibrate out but annoying all the same). No big deal but i preferred the innovate lc2

Stot - 16/4/17 at 12:58 AM

I have an LC2 on mine paired with a mega squirt. If you are going for an above standard tune I cant recommend enough but any wideband puts you into home tune territory.

Cheers
Stot

Irony - 16/4/17 at 08:18 AM

Innovate lc2 for me. Ties directly into mega jolt and produces a great tuning graph.

cliftyhanger - 16/4/17 at 10:38 AM

So no bad reports about any of them!
I am guessing they are pretty reliable thesedays, and the sensors are all bosch so should be good.

So still cant decide what to buy!