Board logo

4AGE engine wiring
Neil P - 1/1/09 at 11:30 PM

I'm about to start doing the wiring on my car but I'm struggling to source a wiring diagram for a 16v 4AGE with MAP sensor.

Can anyone help out, please?

Neil

davew823 - 2/1/09 at 12:24 AM

Neil

Try searching ... club4ag

They have about 20 different wiring diagrams for various 4age motors, one will probably be suitable. Most of the diagrams will identify the ECU pin and number plus the function, so you can eliminate a lot of the useless wires.

Good luck on the wiring, Dave

snippy - 2/1/09 at 10:23 AM

Neil,
I`ve got a complete wiring manual for the AE86 Toyota Corolla which used the 4AGE engine. It`s in PDF format (101 pages). U2U me your e-mail addy and I`ll zap it over to you.
Nick

russbost - 2/1/09 at 11:09 AM

Neil, don't know what your engine has come from, but the following applies to the Mk1 MR2 which uses the AGE lump.
I keep the whole engine loom from within the engine bay including the fuse box, ecu's etc.(with the MR2 this also includes the rear lights loom).
There are only 6 wires required to run the engine (obviously others for oil press. water temp etc). White (thick cable) is the main feed to/from the ignition, white/red tracer is ign live, black/white tracer is the "trip" wire for the starter, black/orange tracer feeds from ign to all relays at rear
Blue/brown stripes & white/black tracer are the fuel pump feed & earth

Hope the above may be of some assistance

Neil P - 2/1/09 at 12:16 PM

I've had a quick look at the club4ag site. looks like a lot of useful stuff on there. I haven't found specific wiring diagrams yet but I haven't spent much time looking either!

Snippy - I'll have a look, please. I've sent you my e-mail address.

Russbost - that's the sort of info I need. It is from an MR2 but I think I have just the engine specific loom, not the lighting and no fusebox. Gives me a good starting point for splicing into the Sierra loom though, Thanks.

snippy - 2/1/09 at 06:07 PM

Neil, e-mail sent, hope it comes through ok as its 5MB. Good Luck.
Nick