Board logo

dolomite wiring
chris_smith - 8/2/09 at 08:48 PM

anyone got a dolomite haynes manual they can take a copy of the wiring diagram for the 1500 model
im trying to wire up the temp,volt,fuel gauge if anyone can help that would be great
cheers
chris

matty_64 - 8/2/09 at 08:53 PM

if it is similar to a marina i can send you a scan of the manual

austin man - 8/2/09 at 09:11 PM

If these are smiths gauges yo may also need the rectifier I know that minis had these fitted I know on the mini if you didn't fit it you were guaranteed to have maximum reading on the fuel and temp gauage, it is also important to fit the unit upright.

austin man - 8/2/09 at 09:16 PM

not sure whether you want to go this far looks like they are available online

http://www.datamanuals.net/dolomitep.htm

chris_smith - 8/2/09 at 09:16 PM

thanks austin man, iv sorted the fuel gauge and that works pretty damn well, but the voltage and temp gauges i cant seem to work, wondered if there was something i was missing, reason for the diagram really

thanks

austin man - 8/2/09 at 09:24 PM

Is your car running if so have you tried a multimete across the switch to make sure the switch is working ?

generally a supply and an earth is all that is required really, the rectifier ensures the correct voltage, I had a simmilar problem when I wired up the Austin pictured using MG Midget clocks as soon as I had a working rectifier all was good. Power in to switch, wire out to rectifier then supply from rectifier to gaugec and good earth to clock et voila.

The rectifier had to be as near to horizontal as possible if I remember correctly. th

chris_smith - 8/2/09 at 09:29 PM

iv tried putting live and neg feed straight to the volt gauge and it didnt move so wondered if there was some other way of it being wired rather than straight live/earth

austin man - 8/2/09 at 09:38 PM

I rekon the volt gauge is firked as this is normally wire in series ie battery to gauge I think this wouldnt go through a rectifier as the voltage drop would give an incorrect reading. how does the temp gauge fair if you flash 12 volts through it ?

chris_smith - 9/2/09 at 08:05 AM

same again the temp gauge doesnt move, i figured that they were firked as you put it but was hoping it might just be the way i was wiring it, oh well better try find a plan B

cheers
chris