Board logo

5 wire lambda wiring
Cheffy - 6/8/12 at 10:42 PM

Evening All,

I have a Bosch 0 258 007 057 lambda sensor with 5 wires. They are red, yellow, black, white and grey. I can find plenty of info on 4 wire lambda's but nothing for the 5 wire lambda. Can some kind person tell me which wires are which please?

TIA,

Mart.

DIY Si - 6/8/12 at 11:17 PM

This do it?

Dusty - 7/8/12 at 02:51 AM

LSU sensor info Says your sensor is for a 1.8T or VR6 golf/jetta or turbo beetle.

[Edited on 7/8/12 by Dusty]

paulf - 7/8/12 at 03:49 PM

It is a wide band sensor so will only work when connected via a wide band controller.
Paul

Cheffy - 7/8/12 at 08:26 PM

Thanks for the replies chaps.

quote:
Originally posted by paulf
It is a wide band sensor so will only work when connected via a wide band controller.
Paul

Does that mean I cannot connect it directly to Megasquirt? I am using MSI with a V3 board, on a 2.0L Zetec Blacktop with GSXR 600 T.B's. Edited to add I am connecting via a relay board and am using EDIS.

I also have a 4 wire Ford Lambda sensor, would I be better off using that?

Thanks again,

Martin.

[Edited on 7/8/12 by Cheffy]

paulf - 7/8/12 at 09:01 PM

No it cant be connected directly, you would need an LC1 controller or similar.It is possible to use the 4 wire sensor but you will only get an indication of if the engine is rich or weak but not by how much, I used one when i first mega squirted my car and managed to get it to run reasonably well by a mixture of guess work and plug readings.
Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Cheffy

quote:
Originally posted by paulf
Paul

Does that mean I cannot connect it directly to Megasquirt? I am using MSI with a V3 board, on a 2.0L Zetec Blacktop with GSXR 600 T.B's. Edited to add I am connecting via a relay board and am using EDIS.

Thanks again,

Martin.

paulf - 7/8/12 at 09:07 PM

My car has same engine and throttle body's and uses the Suzuki injectors so my MAP which is now quite refined after a few years adjusting it may be a good starting point for you, it is alpha/n and ignition is by edis also.
I don't have it on this PC but can email a copy to you if you like.
Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Cheffy

Thanks again,

Martin.

Cheffy - 7/8/12 at 09:10 PM

Ah, right, thanks Paul. I assumed I could connect the Wide Band sensor directly to the MS.

Thanks,

Martin.

Cheffy - 7/8/12 at 09:22 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for you assistance, U2U sent.

Regards,

Martin/Cheffy