Board logo

MX5 Mk2.5 UK clutch sensor wire colours
miskit - 14/5/18 at 02:09 PM

Anyone got a loom or a car handy please!

My transplanted loom is alive but no feed to starter solenoid. As it drove into my garage I suspect that I might have marked the wrong plug for the clutch sensor bypass (though it fits the switch!)

All the diagrams I can find are for US cars that use the aft sensor for Cruise control input and an extra sensor (fwd) for the clutch start interlock - Cruise Control is not a UK car option so they use the aft sensor only (output fed to the ECU - unlike older cars) but non of the wire colours seem to match.

Can't find any earths missing but will also be looking at the starter relay. I am getting a click from the fuel solenoid and some sort of buzzing hum from the engine (?) so I assume ECU is alive. Imob does not affect starter AFAIK just the clutch down sensor.

theconrodkid - 14/5/18 at 07:17 PM

http://www.mellens.net/mazda/

have a look on here ^^^, the font of all knowledge

miskit - 14/5/18 at 07:50 PM

Dead link now.
I have previously downloaded some of the drawings there, but again all US models. - unless anyone has a UK version?

miskit - 15/5/18 at 01:34 PM

Got it - Immobiliser issue - it controls the start relay only on the late Mk 2.5's contrary to every diagram I have found (except the Haynes manual!) - If I bypass it the starter works.
Root of the issue is that I had not connected the antenna key reader on the barrel (thinking it was just a "key in" switch!). Working now