Board logo

WTD: Odd coloured wiring
bi22le - 17/7/18 at 08:58 PM

Im rewiring the car and could do with some odd coloured wiring to extend wires that have been previously cut short. Its not enough to buy new and I recon it is old sierra standard kit car colours so one of you lot might have it swept into a pile on your garage floor!!

At the moment it is feed to the dip switch:

High current (12 AWG I think)

- Blue
- Blue red
- Blue white

Maybe about 300mm of each.

There maybe other colours I need so Im just putting the feelers out. Anyone got offcuts they dont mind sending over?

gremlin1234 - 17/7/18 at 09:19 PM

they are hardly 'odd' colours.
they are the standard lucas colours, for
austin (inc mini) triumph, landrover jag et al (oh and maybe even some ford!)

should easily be able to buy the stuff per metre

bi22le - 17/7/18 at 10:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
they are hardly 'odd' colours.
they are the standard lucas colours, for
austin (inc mini) triumph, landrover jag et al (oh and maybe even some ford!)

should easily be able to buy the stuff per metre

Soz, you probably hoped for orange with pink and purple tracers or something!!

I know they are standard, I mention that in my OP. They are odd because I don't have them and I don't want a metre of it!

I know blue is not an odd colour for a wire. . . .

ReMan - 18/7/18 at 07:32 PM

I may have what you want. Will look Thursday veining , I’m away with work tonight

bi22le - 18/7/18 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
I may have what you want. Will look Thursday veining , I’m away with work tonight

Great, no rush.

I'll try and get out in the garage tomorrow night and work out all of the colours I need.

ReMan - 19/7/18 at 09:09 PM

Ive got short pieces of these colours
I cant vouch for the size though, they, like most of my "collection is what I'd call Standard size, used for my build, for most everything except the battery wires! And a few odd bigger ones that I've acquired

But your welcome to the bits if you want to pm me an address i'll stick them in an envelope
wigan
wigan