Board logo

Sierra Steering Column Switches Wiring
jamiepearson69 - 18/2/19 at 03:57 PM

All

I know its probably been covered before, but I can't find anything in the search engine.

I want to remove the column switches, which are standard sierra and relocate these to the dash with custom switches.

What is the best way of doing this? I recall a plug and play loom being available, but can't for the life of me remember who made it.

A long time ago (pre internet) I tried to do this to another project and could not work out how the switches work. Is there a wiring diagram?

Thanks

James

nick205 - 18/2/19 at 04:43 PM

Don't know if this is any use to you. I used it when wiring up my donor Sierra stalks to a Vicky Green wiring loom in my MK Indy.

Smoking Frog - 18/2/19 at 08:01 PM

Not what your asking for as I kept the left stalk and moved light switches to dashboard. May help?
Left Stalk Relays
Left Stalk Relays

johnhsmith - 18/2/19 at 11:03 PM

Try www.premierwiring.co.uk. I used a loom from them that was Sierra based but basic. All info with it plus quite helpful with problems.

ianhurley20 - 19/2/19 at 12:15 PM

Whilst we are on this subject does anyone have anything that gives you the pin functions on the stalks. I have the stalks but no wiring attached and am going to try and wire them up. It would save a lot of trial and error!

Nick - just found the photo you probably posted above (that will not display for me) in your archive whih probably answes my question above - thanks

[Edited on 19/2/19 by ianhurley20]

rusty nuts - 19/2/19 at 12:35 PM

There has been several post covering Sierra switch wiring on the forum , don’t know if the posts have been lost due to photo storage problems?
you.

Two minutes using the search facility shows up loads of posts on the subject.

[Edited on 19/2/19 by rusty nuts]

johnhsmith - 19/2/19 at 12:44 PM

Ian,

I have a word document from premier with lots of info on the switches including the pin numbers. Let me have your email and I can send them to you

John

ianhurley20 - 19/2/19 at 01:07 PM

PM sent, thanks John

ianhurley20 - 19/2/19 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
There has been several post covering Sierra switch wiring on the forum , don’t know if the posts have been lost due to photo storage problems?
you.

Two minutes using the search facility shows up loads of posts on the subject.

Thanks rusty nuts - I think I have plenty of info now

rusty nuts - 19/2/19 at 05:43 PM

One day I will work out how to put a link in my posts.