Board logo

Fitting a Acumen DG8 Gear Indicator
mike smith1 - 26/4/07 at 09:55 AM

As above how hard is this to do on the Fireblade?

Any pics would be helpful, What have you used for the posotive switched ignition supply.

Cheers
Mike

nitram38 - 26/4/07 at 10:03 AM

You can buy them with a wiring harness for your engine so that they are plug and play.

mike smith1 - 26/4/07 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
You can buy them with a wiring harness for your engine so that they are plug and play.

I looked on their website and couldnt find one, i dont know if i can use it plug and play as i allready have the speedo healer?

Mike

Hellfire - 26/4/07 at 11:39 AM

Mike, you have to specify whether you want a universal fit, or plug n play DG8 when you order it. The bike specific loom is further down the page on the website where you ordered yours from.

We've just ordered the plug n play version for ours and forgot that we'd also got the speedohealer plugged in. Hope it fits when it arrives!

Phil

mike smith1 - 26/4/07 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Mike, you have to specify whether you want a universal fit, or plug n play DG8 when you order it. The bike specific loom is further down the page on the website where you ordered yours from.

We've just ordered the plug n play version for ours and forgot that we'd also got the speedohealer plugged in. Hope it fits when it arrives!

Phil

I've already got it and its a universal one so i guess the soldering iron is coming out, i still cant see any plug and play loom for my engine but never mind.

Mike

RichieC - 26/4/07 at 01:24 PM

Dead easy Mike, its only 4/5 wires to connect. Have you got the list of which colours are which for your bike loom?

Rgds

Richie

mike smith1 - 26/4/07 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichieC
Dead easy Mike, its only 4/5 wires to connect. Have you got the list of which colours are which for your bike loom?

Rgds

Richie

No, again I have looked on the Acumen website under the bike specific info but i cannot find anything for the carb engine fireblade

May be i'm missing something

Mike

RichieC - 26/4/07 at 04:19 PM

Nah it would seem they dont have anything for the carb blade, how odd.

Not a biggy though, just need to find a 12v ignition, earth, neutral, rpm and speedo feed.

Rgds

Rich