Board logo

We got f*** by Darren George
Chresten8 - 30/5/12 at 09:40 PM

Hey guys,
half a year ago a couple of friends and I started building a haynes roadster. We almost finished the tube-chassis and stripped our Ford Sierra 2.0 donor completely.
Next step was to built the suspension, which was why we looked for shops that offered the needed springs. Finally we decided to order at GTS Tuning (we couldn't find any shops in germany). Darren George, who ownes that shop seemed to be a nice guy and promised us to make a quick delivery - this was half a year ago...

We've lost more than a 1000 pounds - and yes... it was stupid to just trust someone we don't know at all. It's just that none of us has had a bad experience buying stuff over the internet before.

From that time on spirit went down. I am not sure whether we can still pull this off but I just don't wanna give up!!!

But this is not the point I am trying to make. I've attached a list of all the things we wanted to order from Darren - so if there is anyone who can help us getting some of those parts we would greately appreciate that

I write this thread to warn everyone: Don't you ever think about buying stuff from Darren.

This is post (with an attached list of things we ordered from GTS) can also be found under
http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=74114#post74114
which is the Haynes Forum.

Someone named wylliezx9r has told me to post this here. He also said that "eddie99" might be able to get this whole thing worked out.

mangogrooveworkshop - 30/5/12 at 09:58 PM

Stick his name into the search and plenty threads come up about this subject.
Contact watchdog@bbc.co.uk the program investigates these things.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

The other thing to do is to contact Kent trading standards.
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/kent/ and get them to look into it

owelly - 30/5/12 at 09:59 PM

Do a search on here and you'll find you're not alone. Good luck.

eddie99 - 30/5/12 at 10:17 PM

Afraid I can't sort anything anymore as we have fallen out just like everyone else. Sorry

big_l - 30/5/12 at 10:38 PM

this might sound harsh but if he stole £k from me i would be straight round to find him !!!

im no gangsta i just wont let anyone rip me off

Canada EH! - 30/5/12 at 11:01 PM

Fine if your in Britian, I wasn't about to fly from Canada, or I imagine these guys to take the chunnel to go and rattle Darrens cage., if you could actually find him at his work place

ashg - 31/5/12 at 08:13 AM

i dont believe its that hard to track hime down i believe several people on here have his home address.

MikeFellows - 31/5/12 at 08:32 AM

If it was me in the UK, I would have driven down for anything over £100 and took it from whatever I could find of his to pay me back

however if your in foreign country (even northern island) its an almighty mess about to do this, you can just drive down one friday, hotels and potentially flights make the whole thing a waste of more money.

FASTdan - 31/5/12 at 09:24 AM

sorry to hear about your problems :-(

wyrdeman - 31/5/12 at 09:36 AM

Sounds like much the same as happened to me and I probably got Eddie99 into the "falling out". Sorry about that.

I am currently taking the issue through Trading Standards and Consumer Advice.

Nick

MakeEverything - 31/5/12 at 11:32 AM

Shocking. Another great example of exemplary customer service.

How is this guy still trading?

adithorp - 31/5/12 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Shocking. Another great example of exemplary customer service.

How is this guy still trading?

Is he "trading"? That implies some sort of exchange of goods/money/services. As I understand it this is a one way deal; You give him money and nothing comes back.

Tracey - 3/7/12 at 12:34 PM

IMPORTANT NEWS RE DARREN GEORGE

Please note Darren George sold the following residential address to my husband and I in July 2008. Wish we hadn't bought it!

9 Wheler Court
Faversham
Kent ME13 7NR UK

Company House assure me GTS Tuning is not a registered company on their lists. However, still getting lots of debt letters looking for Darren - equally need to speak to him myself about a restriction on my title deeds for a courier company in Essex for a bill he refused to pay. Can't move until I pay off the £1067 restriction or the £8,000 we've been charged to remove another restriction not sorted on exchange - extremely good at paying my own bills, but not terribly happy at paying someone elses!!!

Have been trailing car blogs in the hope to find out where Darren in now trading from - Please do not bother sending anything to my home address anymore, he isn't there, but I wish everyone the best of luck in getting their parts or their money back (including myself!)

T

Confused but excited. - 3/7/12 at 01:05 PM

According to Google he is here:
'Worlds #1 online supplier of kit car parts.' (Surely that in itself is worth a prosecution under the Trades Descrition Act)
GTS Tuning

Dutch Barn,
Wallend Farm, Upstreet,
Nr Canterbury, Kent
CT3 4DF
Telephone: 07859005985
Email: darren@gtstuning.co.uk

snakebelly - 3/7/12 at 02:03 PM

Telephone number is dead, Eddie do you know his whereabouts? Would you be willing to divulge? Car parts is one thing but f*+*ing someone over on a house sale is a whole new league.
That said it occurs to me that surely Teaceys solicitor should have picked up on these during the searches?

eddie99 - 3/7/12 at 02:23 PM

I have u2ud details to Tracy.

Tracey - 3/7/12 at 06:30 PM

Thank you for your comments everyone. Bit out of my depth here - but as you can imagine not happy! Both solicitors cocked up problem over initial restriction and ours have gone bankrupt. Mortgage company have just taken over without telling us and charged us, without telling us. Have spent 2 years since we found out battling with everyone about DG and solicitors about the title deeds - only just got final bill. Haven't a clue even if DG aware, if GTS Tuning in Upstreet is shut then our post is probably on the doormat with everyone elses. As a person who doesn't do debt, doesn't let anyone down and certainly doesn't owe money - very disgruntled to say the least.

Chresten8 - 3/7/12 at 06:44 PM

Hey Eddie,

I just got a letter from Tracy. She told me that it's been a nightmare since she and her husband decided to buy Darren's house.

It seems he was using that old address to get rid off his old customers, who were trying to track him down.
What ever the matter really is - I really don't know you Eddie, but I don't think you're a good guy. For me it was "just" 1000 pounds that Darren has stolen from us. We asked you to help but you said there was nothing you could do for us.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8111

But this is different. I've already put quite a bit of effort into this matter, but what Darren did to those people takes the last biskuit.
This will end in court soon so decide which side you wanna take, but defending Darren can't be the right way.

This guy will have to wake up the hard way. I can imagine, that he doesn't want to face the truth... So please help him to be a man.

There is nothing more to say.

Confused but excited. - 3/7/12 at 07:01 PM

Don't anyone post anything yet, I'm just nipping out for some popcorn.

Talk about 'Watch this space' . . .

Edited to ask; Has anyone phoned the Discovery Channel. This would make a good sequel to Kit Car Crisis.

[Edited on 3/7/12 by Confused but excited.]

big-vee-twin - 3/7/12 at 07:04 PM

There's no need to have a poke at Eddie, for your information he is a nice guy and has stuck his neck out many times, sometimes too far, to help people on this forum.

mookaloid - 3/7/12 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chresten8
Hey Eddie,

I just got a letter from Tracy. She told me that it's been a nightmare since she and her husband decided to buy Darren's house.

It seems he was using that old address to get rid off his old customers, who were trying to track him down.
What ever the matter really is - I really don't know you Eddie, but I don't think you're a good guy. For me it was "just" 1000 pounds that Darren has stolen from us. We asked you to help but you said there was nothing you could do for us.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8111

But this is different. I've already put quite a bit of effort into this matter, but what Darren did to those people takes the last biskuit.
This will end in court soon so decide which side you wanna take, but defending Darren can't be the right way.

This guy will have to wake up the hard way. I can imagine, that he doesn't want to face the truth... So please help him to be a man.

There is nothing more to say.

I think you are being a bit harsh there mate - As far as I can see Eddie has done his best for some time to help people but eventually even he has fallen out with Darren. The fault here seems to lie solely with Mr Darren George.

eddie99 - 3/7/12 at 07:15 PM

I have fallen out with Darren however passed as much info as I could to Tracy. I'm sorry that you think I'm a bad guy. If you want to u2u me, I'll send you my number, you can ring me and we can chat.

gavin174 - 3/7/12 at 07:16 PM

by Eddie trying to help people it actually f"~@ed up his relationship with Darren
it has cost Ed alot of money cause as he has said he has now fallen out with Darren.

I am not taking sides in this... I have had dealings with both Darren and Eddie.

but if Eddie says he cant help anymore there is reason for that.

[Edited on 3/7/12 by gavin174]

BenB - 3/7/12 at 07:27 PM

WTF.
Why is Eddie being attacked here? He helped sort out problems with DG and people on here and in doing so went well beyond the call of duty. Now he's also given up on DG he's being attacked? Sorry that's BS. Most people gave up on DG a long time ago. If it wasn't for Eddie lots of people would have lost their cash.
But it does tell you something about DG that he's pissed off the one person who was helping sort out his complete inability to organise a piss-up in a brewery.

ReMan - 3/7/12 at 07:37 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Chresten8 - 3/7/12 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid

I think you are being a bit harsh there mate - As far as I can see Eddie has done his best for some time to help people but eventually even he has fallen out with Darren. The fault here seems to lie solely with Mr Darren George.

quote:

Holy... to Eddie and all his friends. This was not attempted to wee you guys off. But what I can't understand is why noone has ended this. Helping people to get their money back is a nice gesture, but still people get fucked by Darren. If Eddie knows him, it should be possible to talk to him, and tell him to close down his business. If he is not willing to do so, I am sure that talking to the police will change his mind.
But none of that was done, right?
It's hard to get someone defending your rights, when you don't even know for sure the correct adress of the person who ows you money.

Understand? Kind Regards

SteveWalker - 3/7/12 at 07:46 PM

Tracey, I have no real knowledge of the legal system and conveyancing and you may already have looked into this, but I'm fairly sure that your claim for compensation would be against your own solicitor. As your solicitor is no longer trading, your claim would be against whatever insurance company he had his professional indemnity insurance with. To sort that, you really need to instruct another solicitor to take an action against the first/his insurers. Many of them offer a free half-hour consultation - my wife's employment problems were sorted out simply by advising her employer of what "our solicitor" had told us during just such a consultation.

mookaloid - 3/7/12 at 07:49 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:

Holy... to Eddie and all his friends. This was not attempted to wee you guys off. But what I can't understand is why noone has ended this. Helping people to get their money back is a nice gesture, but still people get fucked by Darren. If Eddie knows him, it should be possible to talk to him, and tell him to close down his business. If he is not willing to do so, I am sure that talking to the police will change his mind.
It's hard to get someone defending your rights, when you don't even know for sure the correct adress of the person who ows you money.

Understand? Kind Regards

I think you expect too much. If Eddie and Darren have fallen out it means that Darren no longer listens to anything that Eddie says. It is not reasonable for you to expect anyone over here to go and see Darren for you. Please do go to the police or consult a British Solicitor use the Small Claims Court - these are your options.

scootz - 3/7/12 at 07:51 PM

quote:
... to Eddie and all his friends. This was not attempted to wee you guys off. But what I can't understand is why noone has ended this. Helping people to get their money back is a nice gesture, but still people get fucked by Darren. If Eddie knows him, it should be possible to talk to him, and tell him to close down his business. If he is not willing to do so, I am sure that talking to the police will change his mind.

Understand? Kind Regards

Chresten... understand this matey!

Eddie is not a business associate of GTS. Nor is he the man who runs the Locostbuilders website. He is just another member. A guy like you and me! He just happens to know DG and he tried to resolve a few problems that were aired on here to be HELPFUL! So it didn't work!? That's not Eddie's fault!

I think you need to wind your neck in and focus your angry energies SOLELY on GTS! As any sympathy that was coming your way for falling victim to the DG swindle is quickly starting to fade!

Tracey - 3/7/12 at 07:51 PM

More than happy that Eddie is a nice guy. Still way out of my depth, but grateful for his help. T

Tracey - 3/7/12 at 07:57 PM

ps have just been informed correctly this time, who our solicitors insurers are. Have lodged application against them to solicitors covering complaints - waiting to hear, but not holding out much hope - been a long slog, but you never know, may be sorted. New info about restriction to pay off DG's bill to a courier company in Essex finished me off. Thank you to the post who mentioned this, all help gratefully received. Thank you. T

Chresten8 - 3/7/12 at 08:02 PM

quote:

Chresten... understand this matey!

Eddie is not a business associate of GTS. Nor is he the man who runs the Locostbuilders website. He is just another member. A guy like you and me! He just happens to know DG and he tried to resolve a few problems that were aired on here to be HELPFUL! So it didn't work!? That's not Eddie's fault!

I think you need to wind your neck in and focus your angry energies SOLELY on GTS! As any sympathy that was coming your way for falling victim to the DG swindle is quickly starting to fade!

Still I don't think you get this rigth. I am not angry!!! I am just confused, why nothing has been done to get to the root of this problem. You're saying Eddie is a nice guy... I believe you - But why didn't take any further steps? It would have been much more relaxing for him as well. I can't imagine it to be fun trying to sort out problems that Darren causes each time he bumps a new customer.

Chresten

scootz - 3/7/12 at 08:16 PM

quote:
You're saying Eddie is a nice guy...

I didn't, but I have no reason to suspect that he's not a nice guy.

quote:
But why didn't he take any further steps?...

Like what!?

D Beddows - 3/7/12 at 08:16 PM

Surely it's time Locostbuilders distanced itself from Darren - a sticky at the top of the subforum saying he's a bit of a crook allegedly (in nicer legal terms) or something perhaps ........ BORED BORED BORED with all these 'he ripped me of' threads, it's what he does, it's what he always does......... he's a muppet

Wheels244 - 3/7/12 at 08:18 PM

Chresten

If you're that bothered about DG could I ask what YOU have done about ???

You've got his address now so what's YOUR next move ??

Other than coming on here of course and having a go and someone who did try to help out other members.
I spoke to Ed when thinking of ordering some bits from GTS - he gave me sound honest advice which resulted in no order being placed.

Chresten8 - 3/7/12 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
Chresten

If you're that bothered about DG could I ask what YOU have done about ???

You've got his address now so what's YOUR next move ??

Other than coming on here of course and having a go and someone who did try to help out other members.
I spoke to Ed when thinking of ordering some bits from GTS - he gave me sound honest advice which resulted in no order being placed.

Hey, so now you think you're being smart.
Be happy that you were warned in time but don't talk about stuff you haven't seen yourself. Or maybe you have enough money that 1000 pounds is nothing to bother about. But you were asking for the steps that I took.

Let me check:

1) I wrote 4 mails asking Darren to get this issues settled - didn't work (but ok that wasn't too much effort)
2) I talked to my bank but since I wasn't fast enough (in between 2 weeks) they couldn't help me to get back my money.
3) I talked to my solicitor in germany (yes I am not living in UK, which doesn't really symplify things)
4) The solicitor wasn't able to help, cause it was Great Britain, but he knew a colleque in UK who wrote Darren.
5) I waited again (that's what I always did - you really have to wait a lot)
still no responce
6) Than I wrote a letter a dunning letter
7) Now I will go for a court claim

You know what's funny? I am the one who lost 1000 pounds. But it seems in this forum there's noone who actually wants to make a change.
That's sad but since I know how much effort it takes (I had to figure out myself) I don't blame anybody for it.

Chresten

mookaloid - 3/7/12 at 08:56 PM

quote:
it seems in this forum there's noone who actually wants to make a change.

Chresten

I think pretty much everyone on this forum would want Darren George to change. What I don't understand is what you expect us to do about it?

The way the Law works in this country is that the injured party - you in this case - must go to the court to get satisfaction for your complaint. None of us can do this for you. It's very simple.

Chresten8 - 3/7/12 at 10:03 PM

quote:
quote:
it seems in this forum there's noone who actually wants to make a change.

Chresten

The way the Law works in this country is that the injured party

Good quote but wrong Imagine the following situation. You see someone getting robbed on the street. This bad person who is now running away with a big bag full of money used to be a friend of yours. But you are a nice guy so when the victim askes you for help you give him all the required information immediately. Story end

Until now I haven't received a working phone number and I am still not sure which of those adresses that fly around in this forum is the correct one now. Eddie hasn't told me how to get a hand on him.

Anyhow, story has ended long before...

Have a good night... No bad feelings please, I was just hoping to find someone I can rely on, when it comes to details about Darren George.
But I guess it's fun to have a topic causing so many threats in this forum.

Mr C - 4/7/12 at 04:33 PM

You ould also try the gt 40 forum though t looks like he's burning his bridges there as well

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/