Board logo

Kit insurance
strikerbird - 20/2/14 at 10:01 AM

Had my renewal come yesterday from Adrian flux, they wanted £270! last year it was around £220

Had a shop around and A-plan insurance are doing an identical cover for £150

Spoke to Adrian flux and they matched it after, but I prefer best prices first time.

Paul Turner - 20/2/14 at 10:26 AM

Recently took out a policy with A-Plan. My renewal with MSM was £220, A-Plan was £109 for the same cover. Chris at A-Plan was knowledgeable and very helpful. Policy documents arrived within days.

If my existing company cannot give me a good deal without me ringing up and asking sod them. If more people left such grabbing companies they may start offering good deals to existing customers.

[Edited on 20/2/14 by Paul Turner]

twybrow - 20/2/14 at 01:34 PM

Try 2gether - I have always had great prices and great service from Gary and the team.

pewe - 20/2/14 at 06:23 PM

Frank Pickles have always come up with the best deal for me.
Cheers, Pewe10

skidude88 - 25/7/14 at 08:47 PM

Just in case anyone finds this looking to insure their BEC.

Frank Pickles don't do BECs (found out today, after going through it all on the phone)

Cadburys Man - 8/9/14 at 10:36 PM

Strikerbird I've had a VERY similar experience as u today......
Mine is due on the 27th of this month so I phoned my current insurer (Adrian Flux) who quoted a renewal figure of £224 (£4 cheaper than last year) and told me if I can find it cheaper they would match it so why not just give me their best price to start with!!! :-/
I then phoned Footman James who quoted me £280 so that was a no starter lol
Last but definitely not least I phoned A-Plan and spoke to a very helpful lady called Katie who gave me her direct number and couldn't do enough to help me and quoted me £160!!!
If Adrian Flux would had given me their best price from the start then I would had stayed with them but it looks like they've lost another customer because of their greed :-/

Slimy38 - 9/9/14 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Turner

If my existing company cannot give me a good deal without me ringing up and asking sod them. If more people left such grabbing companies they may start offering good deals to existing customers.

My thoughts entirely. I know that the existing company will price match but if they can't give me their best price then I'll move, even if I subsequently end up paying a little more.

AndyW - 9/9/14 at 09:50 AM

Strange thing insurance, just had my renewal through from Adrian Flux and its £5 increase. So can't be bothered to waste my time ringing round. Last time almost all other companies would match but none beat them, so for the sake of £5 and my phone bill, just leaving as is.

ReMan - 9/9/14 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
Strange thing insurance, just had my renewal through from Adrian Flux and its £5 increase. So can't be bothered to waste my time ringing round. Last time almost all other companies would match but none beat them, so for the sake of £5 and my phone bill, just leaving as is.

Agreeed exactly! And not unreasonable .
But most off them are so greedy they pile on £100s as per my Jag insurance £100 more than last year, car a year older , extra years no claims. Best they could offer was £20 off, moved to save £100, but would have to save a fiver in principle

motorcycle_mayhem - 9/9/14 at 01:47 PM

As may have been mentioned, F+J no longer insure BECs. Well, not mine anyway.

The absolute stunner for me was the van insurance. The current insurers wanted £232 more this year than last, with no change in circumstances other than the van and me were another year older. I've insured with them for 11 years. When I failed to renew, having gone elsewhere, they decided to renew it anyway (without my authorisation) and demand retrospective payment and a financial penalty..... so, one customer never to return.