Board logo

Whats happened with Frank Pickles?
Sporty - 8/6/15 at 03:25 PM

Been ringing around for my insurance quotes and rang Frank Pickles.

First you get a message telling you to ring another number ring that number and get a call centre that that appears to be another firm and is plainly clueless about insuring kit cars.

Any ideas?

Ian

Sporty - 8/6/15 at 03:56 PM

and now they've sent me 2 quotes through, one for my car at £345 about twice as much as the nearest most expensive.

Plus another quote for a Ford Anglia, at £10,250 per year, glad I don't have to insure an Anglia.

19sac65 - 8/6/15 at 06:50 PM

Strange
Renewed mine a few weeks ago without issue
Infact it was cheaper than last year
Were you ringing 01943 850999 - thats the number on my confirmation email

adithorp - 8/6/15 at 07:49 PM

From memory (therefore not reliable) Frank retired and sold the business. New owners aren't interested in kits/classic policies and are only renewing old policies but not doing new quotes. At least thats what I remembered from last year when I tried them for a new policy on the Fury. They didn't even want to quote on O/H's MX5 which had been with them but the renewal quote had expired by a couple of days.

Have you tried A-plan? Very good, friendly and helpful.

Sporty - 9/6/15 at 07:21 AM

Yes that was the number I used. In my ring around A Plan have come out the best so looks like that will be where I will be going.

KitCatE1 - 9/6/15 at 09:15 AM

they refused to renew mine last year they were not interested at all, its with A-plan now cheaper than ever and a lot more helpful aswell

wylliezx9r - 9/6/15 at 10:10 AM

I've just had my renewal through from them and its cheaper than last year.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 13/6/15 at 06:40 PM

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.