Board logo

am i still the daddy
afj - 8/2/10 at 08:11 PM

ok we have a few 'fast' cars at work ive got my indy R1, another guy has a camero z28 v8 and a guy at mrs AFJs work has a scooby and his mate has an early mitsubishi evo 3
but we have a new contender mate at work has just got himself a astra VXR nurburging does he stand a chance

speedyxjs - 8/2/10 at 08:13 PM

No, Its still a vauxhall

Just race him somewhere with corners if you are unsure

CRAIGR - 8/2/10 at 08:21 PM

Sort of conversation you'd expect to hear in a McDonalds car park.

mediabloke - 8/2/10 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
No, Its still a vauxhall

Now, now! They're just in the wrong chassis...
Edit : with the drive at the wrong end

[Edited on 8/2/10 by mediabloke]

afj - 8/2/10 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Sort of conversation you'd expect to hear in a McDonalds car park.

how did you know, im on my blackberry innit blood and ting and it would be an old crowd me at 31 camero at 50+ and scooby and evo man at 45+ vxr man is 22

[Edited on 8/2/10 by afj]

CRAIGR - 8/2/10 at 08:38 PM

Must be a diy store next door then .

Mr G - 8/2/10 at 09:01 PM

skinned knuckles - 8/2/10 at 09:12 PM

astra has no chance on the twisty bits. but can probably cruise down in chav city with booming "choonz", under car lighting and a halfrauds strap on back 'box better than you.

richardR1 - 8/2/10 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skinned knuckles
astra has no chance on the twisty bits. but can probably cruise down in chav city with booming "choonz", under car lighting and a halfrauds strap on back 'box better than you.

Oi, behave, i have an indy R1 and an astra VXR. Astra has none of the above chav mods but i can tell you with a stage 2 remap and exhaust, RARB and DAP springs you would be surprised how quick they are. 290bhp. And i'm 39.

Description
Description

morcus - 8/2/10 at 09:55 PM

I thought the Vauxhall VXR Nurburgring was AWD, am I wrong?

Your car is less Practical which means its better, because it says your a man who doesn't make compromises, or some thing equally macho.

Do you really care to be honest?

richardR1 - 8/2/10 at 10:00 PM

No the Nurburgring is FWD same as regular VXR. Apart from colour,trim and wheels the only mechanical difference is a full Remus exhaust which gives around 18bhp over standard

richardR1 - 8/2/10 at 10:01 PM

[Edited on 8/2/10 by richardR1]

afj - 8/2/10 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by morcus
I thought the Vauxhall VXR Nurburgring was AWD, am I wrong?

Your car is less Practical which means its better, because it says your a man who doesn't make compromises, or some thing equally macho.

Do you really care to be honest?

honestly... whos faster than who is all just work place/ forum banter funny how the vxr gets labeled with the chav thing i really like it it even drives nice

richardR1 - 8/2/10 at 10:26 PM

You could always get together and do a trackday, have fun and see who is fastest where. The Indy will be faster up to 100 ish but then the VXR will be stronger with much better aerodynamics.

andyharding - 9/2/10 at 09:27 AM

It's a bit irrelevant, it will only be a little while before he tanks the VXR showing off to his mates