Board logo

Water wetter ?
Jon Ison - 4/4/10 at 05:21 PM

Used it before with good results, but whats it make up ?

At a tenner a bottle are the ingredients available off the shelf ?

RIE - 4/4/10 at 05:31 PM

Some photographers (well, film developers) used a water wetter product to wash a film once it's been developed. It reduces the surface tension of the the water, and apparently the same effect can be achieved with washing up liquid. I don't know if it will work for your application, but it's an idea.

tonym - 4/4/10 at 05:40 PM

I was told you can use fabric softener but have not had the courage to try it. Surely washing up liquid would foam causing cavitation and many other problems

jacko - 4/4/10 at 05:52 PM

I would not try this you can if you wan't
but a old Mechanic once told me to put cutting oil in the water [only a small amount ]
I don't know if it works dose any one else know
Jacko

britishtrident - 4/4/10 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacko
I would not try this you can if you wan't
but a old Mechanic once told me to put cutting oil in the water [only a small amount ]
I don't know if it works dose any one else know
Jacko

Thats an old trick from marine engines to reduce corrosion I would advise against as it actually reduces heat transfer.

serieslandy - 4/4/10 at 07:40 PM

Ten quid vs cost of new engine. I know which one I would go for.

v8kid - 4/4/10 at 09:56 PM

Dishwasher tablet

Cousin Cleotis - 4/4/10 at 11:04 PM

Surely it must have some information on the label in case some e silly sod drinks it?

Paul

rusty nuts - 5/4/10 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
Dishwasher tablet

I used some dishwasher powder once to flush out the cooling system on a K series engine when everything else failed, not sure if it reduced the surface tension of the water .