Board logo

Tiger cat e1
austin man - 5/8/10 at 09:35 PM

I have a mate who is looking to buy a seven was hoping to buy an MK but the sale may take too long. How does the Tiger cat compare against an MK I can tell him all about the MK but have no real knowledge of the Tiger

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/8/10 at 09:39 PM

i will sell you a seven mk.....and as for tiger mmmmm thats a whole can of worms

MakeEverything - 5/8/10 at 09:44 PM

Ive 'trak dayed' a tiger with 201bhp (Dyno proven at the wheels) and it was good. I quite liked it. I like the bonnet on a tiger too.

Its only a car, and to me all 7 type cars look a bit samey.

Either that or i have wierd taste.......

Comments on a postcard please!

MakeEverything - 5/8/10 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
i will sell you a seven mk.....

HOW MANY???

austin man - 5/8/10 at 09:47 PM

what spec is the MK and how much

norfolkluego - 5/8/10 at 09:47 PM

quote:
as for tiger mmmmm thats a whole can of worms

Really? What's wrong with the Cat, I've never built one but I used to own one, I found it good to drive.

[Edited on 5/8/10 by norfolkluego]

interestedparty - 6/8/10 at 05:31 AM

some of the tigers (I don't know which as the names are very confusing) use the entire Sierra rear suspension complete with the big tube thingy. If its one of those I wouldn't bother.

Tiger Super Six - 6/8/10 at 08:20 AM

That is the Cat, the Super Six, R6 and Avon do not use the whole back end.

DaveFJ - 6/8/10 at 09:05 AM

Yup - suspension front and back is a little odd on the Cat...

that being said I know quite a few drivers who say they handle brilliantly... maybe the extra weight at the back helps?

As with any other car, a Tiger is a good as the guy who built it.....

dan8400 - 6/8/10 at 12:10 PM

I love my supercat. Drives and handles brilliantly.

Some things on the build required attention but no more than any other kit (unless you get a west-ham or a cater-field).

Overall it's great to drive. You dont even know its got the whole sierra axle at the back. Inboard front suspension tidies up the front end but only IMO

Thanks
Dan