Board logo

blast from the past
boggle - 27/10/10 at 09:10 AM

found this vid last night of my old drag subaru....

thought i would share.....

subaru with standardish engine...

carpmart - 27/10/10 at 09:21 AM

11.7 from a standardish Subaru, yeah right!

Be honest, it was running quite a lot of boost!

boggle - 27/10/10 at 09:36 AM

1.1 bar......

standard block and internals, standard ecu standard injectors. two leaking head gaskets... only mods were a front mount intercooler, apexi boost controller, full decat exhaust fuel pump and regulator...

and a shot of nos..

MakeEverything - 27/10/10 at 09:42 AM

Is that you driving it?

boggle - 27/10/10 at 09:51 AM

yes it is....its a straight line so i managed ok

MakeEverything - 27/10/10 at 10:35 AM

I thought the nose was bouncing a bit!

PAUL FISHER - 27/10/10 at 10:45 AM

A shot of Nos, now thats cheating, very quick time though 11.7, it is addictive drag racing, ive already been looking on the Wizzard of Nos webb site after my day at Santa Pod on Sunday

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

boggle - 27/10/10 at 11:08 AM

cheers....its strange how a lot of people think nos is cheating....i see it as just a cheap modification....no different to someone fitting an aftermarket ecu or a big turbo?

rich...i was running tein coilovers set to the hardest damper setting, it was all the torque, not my massive beer belly

i think that if i had stripped the interior and got some smaller wheels i could have got into the high tens????

the was dynoed at 330bhp (without nos) a few weeks before...

MakeEverything - 27/10/10 at 12:02 PM

This is allll making me feel great about my supercharged 2.0L and nitrous in the kit car

Nitrous isnt cheating, its part of drag racing isnt it? All the top fuellers and funny cars use it, in a much more aggressive way.

I get excited when i try and think what mine is going to be like!

trextr7monkey - 27/10/10 at 02:16 PM

Check this out for the beauty of NOS- aerodynamics ofa filing cupboard and balls of steel - respect for Adam Cuthbert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2i-2kohQz4

enjoy

Mike

jollygreengiant - 27/10/10 at 04:49 PM

There was a chap around the Kempston (beds) area who rebuilt a Rover P5B coupe (2 tone metalic brown) with a twin plenum injection engine, ............................and NOS.

The trouble was that even with a car that heavy, the front end lifted that high that steering became problematical.

Evil stuff.

col - 27/10/10 at 05:36 PM

I had a real willys jeep.......but it never went like that....holy s**t