Board logo

30kg Parcel
Hellfire - 23/7/11 at 07:41 PM

I need to arrange postage of a parcel which weighs approximately 30kg. Having never packaged and posted anything this heavy before, can anyone advise a good (cheap) parcel company to use?

Cheers

Phil

flak monkey - 23/7/11 at 07:48 PM

As long as its not on a pallet interparcel will take up to 50kg.

I had my bike engine shipped by UPS and that was 74kg... little bloke delivered it and lifted it off the back of the lorry on his own

Jon Ison - 23/7/11 at 07:53 PM

How fragile is it, how large is it, once packed how easy will it be to lift, box with hand holes for instance ?

dan_g8 - 23/7/11 at 07:55 PM

i normally use parcel monkey. last time i sent something that sort of weight it cost around a tenner

http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/

[Edited on 23/7/11 by dan_g8]

coozer - 23/7/11 at 07:58 PM

Parcel2go.com

http://www.parcel2go.com/

Hellfire - 23/7/11 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
How fragile is it, how large is it, once packed how easy will it be to lift, box with hand holes for instance ?

Not particularly fragile (brake discs and calipers) Approx 30cm x 30cm and will be packaged in a box, so should be quite easy to lift.

Paul TigerB6 - 23/7/11 at 08:18 PM

I used an ebay courier for a parcel - up to 30kg limit was £9.99. I also sent a mountain bike via another ebay courier and it was delivered 23hrs and 50 mins after booking - 250miles away in Norwich (i'm Wirral).

stevegough - 23/7/11 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I need to arrange postage of a parcel which weighs approximately 30kg. Having never packaged and posted anything this heavy before, can anyone advise a good (cheap) parcel company to use?

Cheers

Phil

WAGE PACKET ?

SteveWalker - 23/7/11 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I had my bike engine shipped by UPS and that was 74kg... little bloke delivered it and lifted it off the back of the lorry on his own

Many years ago I went to a scrappy for a 1300cc Dolomite engine. The guy told us to unfasten everything and then call him. When we called him, he leant over the front of the car, yanked it out and holding it at chest height asked "where do you want it?" I later found that I could lift it a few inches off the floor and waddle along with it!

Paul TigerB6 - 23/7/11 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

Many years ago I went to a scrappy for a 1300cc Dolomite engine. The guy told us to unfasten everything and then call him. When we called him, he leant over the front of the car, yanked it out and holding it at chest height asked "where do you want it?" I later found that I could lift it a few inches off the floor and waddle along with it!

Pahhh - thats nothing. Ask for a Pinto engine next time!!!

mad4x4 - 24/7/11 at 10:34 AM

+1 for http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk

-1 for Parcelstogo