Board logo

COULD THIS BE DONE
mangogrooveworkshop - 7/8/11 at 09:44 AM

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/05/video-bmw-s-1000-rr-pulls-off-the-old-tablecloth-trick/

Paul TigerB6 - 7/8/11 at 09:52 AM

I could do that in my car if the string was a bit longer!! Just need to work out the minimum speed needed and leave enough slack to get to that speed before the cloth starts moving

clairetoo - 7/8/11 at 09:56 AM

I'm just watching this on Mythbusters right now ........and they proved it was faked .

PSpirine - 7/8/11 at 09:56 AM

Don't know whether it's got something clever to make it work, but either way, cool video!

I would've thought the items on the end of the table closer to the rider would have so much cloth moving under them for a period of time that they wouldn't keep standing up (i.e. progressively less stable as you get to the left side of the table)

liam.mccaffrey - 7/8/11 at 09:58 AM

mythbusters did this and proved it was all real without a hint of trickery,

Edited because my mammy isn't proud of me

[Edited on 7/8/11 by liam.mccaffrey]

mangogrooveworkshop - 7/8/11 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
mythbusters did this, it can't be done. the one in the video is a a trick. There is a long piece of plastic folded in 2 with the cloth in the middle iirc

spoiler hope yer mamys proud of ye!

02GF74 - 7/8/11 at 10:31 AM

suspiscious as the lighter smaller items such as cuttlery I would have expected to move.

Ninehigh - 7/8/11 at 06:58 PM

Yeah fake, it can't get enough speed up in the 18 inches they have to accelerate

Liam - 7/8/11 at 08:10 PM

Lol - when I read the title I was thinking hmmm could be done - imagining a small table and using the bike's wheel directly on the cloth, sort of wheelspinning it out. That could be done. But when I clicked the link and saw the still photo - 5-odd metre table and towing the cloth out with a standing start? Ah aha hah ha ha ah - absolutely not a chance in hell!! Good viral add video.