Board logo

Well, it's gone...
Richard Quinn - 9/8/11 at 09:01 PM

My car has gone tonight. I'm still a bit numb really as I thought he was only coming for a look but then he gave me some cash and drove off into the sunset (well, as far as the Shell garage where he rang me to say it wouldn't start but that was soon sorted).
It's a very strange feeling.I've just stood in the empty garage for 15 minutes wondering what I've just done.

Still, I'm sure that the garage will soon be full again.

richardh - 9/8/11 at 09:20 PM

sad day

scootz - 9/8/11 at 09:24 PM

HowardB - 9/8/11 at 09:28 PM

build another one??

Richard Quinn - 9/8/11 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
build another one??

Maybe

HowardB - 10/8/11 at 06:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
quote:
build another one??

Maybe

that's the spirit,....

Surrey Dave - 10/8/11 at 06:17 AM

Linky

HowardB - 10/8/11 at 07:11 AM

linky no worky

Dick Axtell - 10/8/11 at 08:14 AM

quote:
linky no worky

It only works if you come from Samara.

scudderfish - 10/8/11 at 08:45 AM

quote:
My car has gone tonight. I'm still a bit numb really as I thought he was only coming for a look but then he gave me some cash and drove off into the sunset (well, as far as the Shell garage where he rang me to say it wouldn't start but that was soon sorted).
It's a very strange feeling.I've just stood in the empty garage for 15 minutes wondering what I've just done.

An early introduction to the joys of these cars then

Richard Quinn - 10/8/11 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
quote:

An early introduction to the joys of these cars then

He's previously had a Westie so knows the score. After that it made it back the 80 miles home (motorway, dark, no screen, no helmet - I did offer him a helmet but he declined)

TimC - 10/8/11 at 12:22 PM

Nice one Rich - a very nice car.

Can I suggest you build something you want to drive this time?

Richard Quinn - 10/8/11 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Yeah, that'd be a bonus!

Thing is because I had to get the car out last night and I had to take the guy out for a spin, I actually quite enjoyed it.
So, there's the challenge - Something a little more practical, something I can fit the dog in if need be (can fasten her harness to a harness but a little more enclosed to stop her lunging at every cyclist we pass would be good) and needs to be 3.7m or less overall. Suggestions welcomed!

Surrey Dave - 10/8/11 at 02:59 PM

Top Gear voted the MX5 'the best British sports car' !

[Edited on 10/8/11 by Surrey Dave]

TimC - 10/8/11 at 04:03 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Yeah, that'd be a bonus!

Thing is because I had to get the car out last night and I had to take the guy out for a spin, I actually quite enjoyed it.
So, there's the challenge - Something a little more practical, something I can fit the dog in if need be (can fasten her harness to a harness but a little more enclosed to stop her lunging at every cyclist we pass would be good) and needs to be 3.7m or less overall. Suggestions welcomed!

Ogle?

mad-butcher - 10/8/11 at 05:09 PM

Have a look in Heatherlands just past the Clegg Arms on the Chester road, almost bought an MG tf for trackdays the other day

tony