Board logo

Very cool Austin 7...
coozer - 2/10/11 at 12:54 PM

Talked about this at last nights curry fest...

Very cool...

Thanks to slingshot2000

[Edited on 2/10/11 by coozer]

coozer - 2/10/11 at 12:58 PM

And heres another just for the hell of it, and cause I really like them

r1_pete - 2/10/11 at 01:00 PM

That is cool but I still dont like these matt and satin finishes, but Iwas rodding in the 70s and stll like flames

gottabedone - 2/10/11 at 01:09 PM

Very Nice - especially if someone is trying to decide what body to put on their locost chassis..........saves worrying about weather gear as well

Steve

Macbeast - 2/10/11 at 01:21 PM

The wheels on that first one are completely wrong. ( IMHO of course :-) )

mookaloid - 2/10/11 at 01:31 PM

I like the second one but not too keen on the black one.
Is it a locost chassis with a Seven body stuck on it?

Guinness - 2/10/11 at 01:46 PM

I really like the idea of a re body for the Indy using the matt black one as inspiration.

slingshot2000 - 2/10/11 at 02:04 PM

Well done Coozer, that matt black one is exactly the one I tried to post last week !
I really, really like it, a 7x7 but mush more user friendly. No wet weather gear required and some where to put the shopping!
I have been searching the web for Austin 7 bits since I saw that last week!

Regards
Jon

steve m - 2/10/11 at 02:04 PM

+1
The first one is awfull style colour and those wheels!
second one is very nice. period looking car

zilspeed - 2/10/11 at 02:34 PM

I'm in the like it camp for the first car.

Like a concept sports car version of an Austin 7 for the modern day.

I could see me liking such a thing, no problems.

Confused but excited. - 2/10/11 at 02:58 PM

Well I like 'em both.
The first one for the weather protection element and the second one because I love that type of old car.

Ivan - 2/10/11 at 04:29 PM

Love them both - don't have a problem with the wheels either.

mistergrumpy - 2/10/11 at 04:31 PM

I really like the Austin too. I saw it sometime last week too but I can't think where. Maybe PH or Custom Car mag.

cs3tcr - 2/10/11 at 05:21 PM

I've wanted to build one just like the second one, but finding Austin 7 bits over here is next to impossible. Had thought about just scratch building one, but then it would lack any Austin bits.

The first one i'm starting to like more and more, but i do agree, the wheels dont seem to do it for me.

skydivepaul - 2/10/11 at 05:24 PM

Austin 7s are great
+1 for both cars
bet the first one is more fun to drive

beaver34 - 2/10/11 at 05:37 PM

Look great, the first one how hard or expnsive would it be to fit a body like that to a seven type?

kendo - 2/10/11 at 06:18 PM

I like both. Not sure about the matt / satin black but it looks well executed. Like the westfield front arches etc.

The green one is ace too.

iank - 2/10/11 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
Look great, the first one how hard or expnsive would it be to fit a body like that to a seven type?

If you can solve the problem of the doors then it's not too bad if they are close in wheelbase.

gottabedone - 2/10/11 at 07:09 PM

To be honest, the doors aren't too much of an issue. If you hinge them outside your locost frame, you retain the strength and as for getting in, it's not too much harder than climbing over door bars on a cage.

You get both looks and strength.

Steve

[Edited on 2/10/11 by gottabedone]

slingshot2000 - 2/10/11 at 07:26 PM

quote:

Fitting it would not be the problem, finding an Austin 7 bodyshell would be. Trust me, since seeing the pic of the black one last week I have looked everywhere. You are talking about preWW11 parts, thay aint easy to find OR locost!

Regards
Jon

slingshot2000 - 2/10/11 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:

If you can solve the problem of the doors then it's not too bad if they are close in wheelbase.

This is the whole point, they are nowhere near the same wheelbase. The only parts of the Austin 7 body shell used are the radiator grill and from the scuttle back over. The long nose btween the rad shell and the scuttle are where the locost 7 chassis fits in.

Regards
Jon

dave - 17/10/11 at 03:36 PM

Anymore pics or details on the first car, has it been built on an adapted 7 chassis.

David Jenkins - 17/10/11 at 03:46 PM

I must admit that I don't like that Austin 7 - the proportions are all wrong (bonnet far too long for the rest of it). It just looks all out of shape.

I'd love to have a drive in that green thing though!

HowardB - 17/10/11 at 03:51 PM

is the second one an Ulster Special

picture of an Ulster Special

If so it would be awesome

nick205 - 17/10/11 at 04:18 PM

This is a favourite of mine (currently living in the National Motor Museum @ Beaulieu)

Really like both the cars at the top, for differing reasons.

slingshot2000 - 18/10/11 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
This is a favourite of mine (currently living in the National Motor Museum @ Beaulieu)

Really like both the cars at the top, for differing reasons.

Could this be part of the Genesis of a Single Seater that lots of people have been searching for? Looks hot to me, and nothing too complicated to fabricate in a small workshop?

Ok, bed time.

Regards
Jon

kipper - 18/10/11 at 09:16 AM

There was someone on the locust enthusiast club that built a car on the ladder chassis of a locust with a morris minor pick up body and Yamaha bike engine.
I have been looking for a pic but cant find one.
The ladder chassis makes it a lot easier.
Denis.

Yazza54 - 18/10/11 at 10:12 AM

Sorry but the first one looks shit

rallyingden - 18/10/11 at 10:57 AM

Tempted ........

POP ANGLIA HOT ROD BODY CHASSIS WITH V5 | eBay

RD

wicket - 18/10/11 at 12:03 PM

More about Bloody Mary here

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/features/octane_features/247345/john_bolsters_bloody_mary.html

rallyingden - 18/10/11 at 12:21 PM

Or a Mini 7.....................

Mini7
Mini7

RD

iank - 19/10/11 at 07:23 PM

Interesting video on how to make an Austin 7 special

slingshot2000 - 19/10/11 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rallyingden
Or a Mini 7.....................

Mini7
Mini7

RD

Been done, many times;

skydivepaul - 19/10/11 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
Interesting video on how to make an Austin 7 special

Fantastic!

you dont need any tools to dismantle the bodywork...................just pull it off
stare at the rusty chassis for a few seconds and hey presto. completely refurbsihed

simply place the bodywork on the chassis, line it up by eye and screw the retaining strap

drive away with a smile