Board logo

TOP GEAR !!!!
theconrodkid - 29/1/12 at 10:36 AM

love or loath them,they are back,same time same place tonight

whitestu - 29/1/12 at 10:50 AM

I'll be watching!

Stu

MakeEverything - 29/1/12 at 10:56 AM

I've series linked my new bt vision box to record them.

fazerruss - 29/1/12 at 10:56 AM

They are a bunch of idiots but very entertaining, ill be watching

monck - 29/1/12 at 01:39 PM

Ill be watching

woodster69 - 29/1/12 at 03:20 PM

thank for that forgot all about it its now on my sky + planner

Stuart_B - 29/1/12 at 04:35 PM

I will be watching

Stu

zilspeed - 29/1/12 at 09:04 PM

Just finished.

Fantastic.

jeffw - 29/1/12 at 09:05 PM

I thought that was pretty good...for a change

eddie99 - 29/1/12 at 09:08 PM

+1 I have missed it!

GRRR - 29/1/12 at 09:16 PM

Now that's how you make an episode of Top Gear! Actual proper drama and excitement at the end and great to see normal-ish guys with limited skills attempting quick laptimes in cars capable of way more than they are. And who doesn't love seeing supercars in Italy! Amazing.

Oh andI love the Noble!

By the way, I wasn't paying attention properly, does anyone know a)where they started the feature, and b)where that amazing road was after they ditched hammond when they were driving into the sunset before entering the tunnels?

matt_claydon - 29/1/12 at 09:34 PM

quote:

Does anyone know a)where they started the feature

Test track looked like Nardo, I'm sure they would have said but I missed the very start.

[Edited on 29/1/12 by matt_claydon]

GRRR - 29/1/12 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_claydon
quote:

Does anyone know a)where they started the feature

Test track looked like Nardo, I'm sure they would have said but I missed the very start.

[Edited on 29/1/12 by matt_claydon]

Sorry should have been more specific, I meant the town square at the very start where they meet up.

jimhammer - 29/1/12 at 10:10 PM

The square was in Lecce.

ChrisW - 29/1/12 at 10:19 PM

I forgot. Luckily usenet can come to the rescue! Just got to wait until that Essex crap finishes so I can reclaim the remote!

Chris

Ninehigh - 29/1/12 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I forgot. Luckily usenet can come to the rescue! Just got to wait until that Essex crap finishes so I can reclaim the remote!

Chris

Oh jeez is the award-winningly painfully bad-infomercial acting back on? How can that be legal?

Furyous - 29/1/12 at 11:26 PM

I actually quite liked tonight's episode, despite being one of the people who moans about how the show has gone downhill but watches it anyway. While some of it might have been set up (First recovery guy ignoring Hammond) it wasn't hammed up and over done to the point of being moronic.

Did anyone else notice the first Noble's number plate was M600 LHD with the wheel on the left, and the second was M600 RHD with the wheel on the right?

dhutch - 30/1/12 at 08:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Furyous
I actually quite liked tonight's episode, despite being one of the people who moans about how the show has gone downhill but watches it anyway. While some of it might have been set up (First recovery guy ignoring Hammond) it wasn't hammed up and over done to the point of being moronic.

Yeah I agree,

Nice bit of program. Nothing stupid got broken for no reason, and aussming the Nobel did brake down and it wasnt staged it got good press as far as im concerned. 9mpg! Didnt notice the plates, but then again, if you had them, they would be on your demostrator still someone offered you much cash for them!

Daniel

stevec - 30/1/12 at 10:03 AM

Was anyone else suspicious of the clutch failure on the Noble ? I have never seen a clutch that has failed like that. It looks like some one stuck a screwdriver in and broke the bit of friction plate off. May be to hide the real problem.

Steve

phelpsa - 30/1/12 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Was anyone else suspicious of the clutch failure on the Noble ? I have never seen a clutch that has failed like that. It looks like some one stuck a screwdriver in and broke the bit of friction plate off. May be to hide the real problem.

Steve

Looks right to me. Once a clutch plate starts to overheat and crack they do tend to disintegrate in large chunks like that.

dlatch - 30/1/12 at 10:30 AM

good old fashioned top gear episode

zilspeed - 30/1/12 at 11:15 AM

I find that I enjoy Top Gear pretty well if I abandon all attempts at analysing conspiracy theories.

Not Anumber - 31/1/12 at 01:37 PM

Repeatedly changing down 2 gears and acceleraiting to make the turbo spin up just to get the wastegate noise could have caused that kind of failure.
The Noble is a supercar thats made to be driven but like most cars it wont last long if abused by an overgrown boy racer.