Board logo

Arseholes ruin a 4 hour endurance race at Brands Hatch
computid - 15/6/14 at 08:36 PM

So, it would appear these arseholes decided it would be a good idea to drive a VW Polo out onto a live 4 hour endurance race at Brands Hatch, and then post it on Facebook.

What is wrong with these people? I would have been absolutely fuming!

http://thesupercarkids.com/teenagers-drive-onto-brands-hatch-during-live-motor-race/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=teenagers -drive-onto-brands-hatch-during-live-motor-race

[Edited on 15/6/14 by computid]

snakebelly - 15/6/14 at 09:08 PM

I would get banned if I wrote what I actually want to!
F}#*ing Twats!
Hope they get done for endangering themselves and the drivers in the race, mind you how the hell did they get on unchallenged!

owelly - 15/6/14 at 09:15 PM

I'm all for a good laugh and I've done some silly stuff in my past, but shite the bed!! What a bunch of utter tubes.

[Edited on 15/6/14 by owelly]

[Edited on 15/6/14 by owelly]

Badger_McLetcher - 15/6/14 at 09:48 PM

What a pair of copper nanotubes.

locoR1 - 15/6/14 at 10:55 PM

I was unfortunate enough to be at Brands this weekend helping out with jabbasport when this happed ruined the race for the funcup guys ended up as a 10 min sprint race to decide the win,
Not really what endurance racings about .......tw**s
Really hope they manage to find a way of prosecuting these idiots before some other idiot thinks it a good idea to do the same.

JacksAvon - 15/6/14 at 11:05 PM

Cnuts

coyoteboy - 15/6/14 at 11:28 PM

No comment about the kids, goes without saying but it does beg questions about the security of the course.

skodaman - 16/6/14 at 02:27 AM

Kids like that should be sterilised then thrown into a deep dark dungeon forever or just shot.

gaz_gaz - 16/6/14 at 05:30 AM

It worries me there's people like this around.
We've all done something spur of the moment that wasn't the smartest but, he had plenty of time to realise it wasn't the smartest of moves and get outta there.

Be interested to know what happened afterwards. I imagine there where a few pissed off people around.

[Edited on 16/6/14 by gaz_gaz]

Andy D - 16/6/14 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
No comment about the kids, goes without saying but it does beg questions about the security of the course.

I was thinking the same, but I suppose until now, no ones ever wanted to drive their car out onto a live race track just for kicks.. it takes a very "special" type of person to do something like that.

From the outside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1lF0bmBCw&feature=youtu.be

Smoking Frog - 16/6/14 at 07:24 AM

Lack of respect again from the younger generation. They seem to think if it's for a laugh it's OK. Public thrashing needed. I can only see the driver in the second video where's the passengers?

ReMan - 16/6/14 at 07:39 AM

Wonder how long he'd be locked up for if the passenger got killed having be held against her will?

As said no respect for anything
And yes I'm all for a bit of fun

[Edited on 16/6/14 by ReMan]

Proby - 16/6/14 at 07:58 AM

Shocking. What a bunch of morons. I need to bite my tongue.

TheGiantTribble - 16/6/14 at 08:15 AM

It seems to me that the punishment should always fit the crime
so in this case might I suggest whisking the driver and vid guy
out to a test centre, and get them to replace the crash test dummies.

loggyboy - 16/6/14 at 08:36 AM

There was romours is was a publicity stunt by VW to promote the new polo - but if it was, its seriously backfired!

alfas - 16/6/14 at 09:26 AM

arent there any consequences for them?

public order offence, interferecne of a event etc....

what happend to them afterwards? have they been catched and chekced by the police?

was there taken legal activities against them? fine? loss of driving license, points etc??

on the other side:
how is it possible that somebody can enter the pits and from there onto the track without being stopped nor checked?

[Edited on 16/6/14 by alfas]

daveb666 - 16/6/14 at 10:26 AM

No way that's a publicity stunt.

I'm still amazed they got onto the track, maybe the fact is was an endurance race meant security was napping?

Trollyjack - 16/6/14 at 10:45 AM

Did they find the Chit Heads

Irony - 16/6/14 at 12:10 PM

Bunch of tossers. Halfwits can't even take a decent video. The the passenger keeps leaning over and steering for the driver! She'd be straight out the door if she was my girlfriend.

Couldn't they have just of bought the safety car out?

jeffw - 16/6/14 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
No way that's a publicity stunt.

I'm still amazed they got onto the track, maybe the fact is was an endurance race meant security was napping?

I doubt that anyone has ever even thought that a member of the public would try to get out on the track during a race. They drive through the scrutineering bay at the end of the pitlane which is how they avoid the Marshalls.

BRSCC statement
http://www.brscc.co.uk/BRANDS-HATCH-INCIDENT-SATURDAY-14th-JUNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1lF0bmBCw

and this guy gets held while they go past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31TahFol7Ks

theconrodkid - 16/6/14 at 04:14 PM

well the driver has been arrested and charged with "false improsonment"what ever that means ,him and his chavvy mates need the birch and whoever was on security needs a good talking to

D Beddows - 16/6/14 at 04:52 PM

Bring a 'safety car' out - use it to gently encourage him into the barriers, sue every last penny out of them for trespass and don't put it on Youtube because then every sad act will want to give it a go........

robinj66 - 16/6/14 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
well the driver has been arrested and charged with "false improsonment"what ever that means ,him and his chavvy mates need the birch and whoever was on security needs a good talking to

False imprisonment is kidnapping - presumably on the basis that the video footage suggests the female passenger wants to get out.

BTW he has been arrested but not yet charged with anything

morcus - 18/6/14 at 08:37 PM

According to Kent online (Here) he's been arrested and one of the drivers is looking into bringing a class suit against him to sue for £104,000.

bi22le - 18/6/14 at 08:49 PM

He is a fool and should get some punishment. £104K fine though would ruin his life, thats not justified. Unless living in Tonbridge and therefore the family are minted, then take him to the cleaners!

He needs to be made an example but thats alot.

mark chandler - 18/6/14 at 09:04 PM

Bi22le, your getting confused, Tonbridge is the poor cousin of Royal Tunbridge Wells

He does need making an example of, the girl sounded very scared by it all which to me is the worse crime.

loggyboy - 19/8/14 at 10:45 AM

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/brands-hatch-gatecrasher-charged-22122/

Sadly I bet he will get no more than a small fine and a slap on the wrist.

robinj66 - 19/8/14 at 05:49 PM

It's an offence under common law so likely to be dealt with at the Crown Court. Maximum sentence is life imprisonment.

Xtreme Kermit - 19/8/14 at 08:12 PM

Incredible. Asshole. Lucky he didn't get get all and others killed.

kingster996 - 17/11/14 at 02:58 PM

He got 8 months for it - so wasn't taken lightly after all...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30083726

Smoking Frog - 17/11/14 at 03:31 PM

It was never going to be severe enough, but compared to what I thought he'd get I would call that a result.

loggyboy - 17/11/14 at 03:39 PM

I think thats about spot on TBH. im sure he'll be out on tag in a couple of months, but the main reason it needed to be custodial was to stop copycats from thinking they could try it for a laugh.
Only sad thing is he'll be back on the road straight away.

morcus - 17/11/14 at 04:50 PM

As said a lot firmer a punishment than I think a lot of people were expecting, and unlike fines or even driving bans something he can't just ignore.

motorcycle_mayhem - 17/11/14 at 05:58 PM

At Anglesey (a similar geographic with the garages), I was not allowed to open the rear garage door, for fear of a repeat of the incident.
Meant that the CO level was rather high, which probably isn't a great thing when your brain is about to try and process the line around Church....

bi22le - 17/11/14 at 06:23 PM

At brands this weekend for TKC o saw a marshal stopping every driver heading towards the kits. Never seen that before on a relaxed day.

I nearly always park behind the pits regardless of event. If I can get my car in, I go to the pits or druids.

mark chandler - 17/11/14 at 06:30 PM

The organisers are culpable for allowing it to happen, I think it's a bit severe myself especially when you see the horrible things people do to each other and get lesser punishments.

He has effectively ruined the beginning of his working life and will suffer from this for years to come, a couple of months would have been enough.... Still I expect that is what he will get away with after an appeal.

loggyboy - 17/11/14 at 08:19 PM

He wont even need an appeal, good behavior and minimal risk.

[Edited on 17-11-14 by loggyboy]

bi22le - 17/11/14 at 08:55 PM

I agree with the sentence to set a president but it made me smile.

"Endangered the lives of the participants, marshals and spectators" this was a motorsport event right?!?

Motorsport is dangerous!!

metro6r4 - 17/11/14 at 09:34 PM

Public flogging for both the driver and the cameraman. I hate people like these that spoil things for everyone else. but am I the only one that thinks the guy sounds like Danny dyer