Board logo

Vettel off to drive the Red car ?
slingshot2000 - 4/10/14 at 08:11 AM

I just heard this on the BBC, but they are saying it hasn't been confirmed as yet. Even though Christian Horner has said that is where he is off to. What do the Locost followers of F1 think ?

Regards
Jon

daniel mason - 4/10/14 at 08:16 AM

They were saying it will more than likely happen 2016 season on sky but alonso has been meeting with red bull etc so the swap deal looks like it will happen at some point!

daniel mason - 4/10/14 at 08:19 AM

If kvyat comes In then alonso may be in limbo!

ianm67 - 4/10/14 at 08:34 AM

Vettel to Ferrari
Alonso to McLaren
Button to Honda

Could happen I 'spose.....?

slingshot2000 - 4/10/14 at 08:39 AM

Are Honda going to be building their own cars? I thought they were just going to be supplying engines for now. I could be wrong, though.

Regards
Jon

jeffw - 4/10/14 at 08:51 AM

Looks like JB will be out of a job. Alonso is going to McLaren, Vettel to Ferrari and Kyvet to Red Bull.

daniel mason - 4/10/14 at 08:55 AM

Please no quali spoilers! I'm watching replay on sky f1 he now!
Seems seb got the jump on everyone whilst they were obsessed with where alonso would go

Volvorsport - 4/10/14 at 09:56 AM

Hope jb can carry on...

russbost - 4/10/14 at 10:25 AM

Think you'll find it will be JB & Alonso at McLaren

britishtrident - 4/10/14 at 10:30 AM

Hinted by EJ. JB to BBC.

britishtrident - 4/10/14 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Think you'll find it will be JB & Alonso at McLaren

Unlikely I think two mature drivers at MacLaren won't work, younger hotshot peddler required Magnussen or new guy.

russbost - 4/10/14 at 10:38 AM

I disagree, with the Honda power unit being all new they are going to need all the info from experienced drivers they can get, I hope so, 'coz I don't see anywhere else for JB to go

snakebelly - 4/10/14 at 10:39 AM

Button Retiring...

britishtrident - 4/10/14 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Seems seb got the jump on everyone whilst they were obsessed with where alonso would go

Alonso was the key move not Vettel's, the departure of Alonso's friend di Montezemolo was the final straw that drove Alonso to quit.
No team would wilingly choose finger boy over Alonso.

russbost - 4/10/14 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason

Alonso was the key move not Vettel's, the departure of Alonso's friend di Montezemolo was the final straw that drove Alonso to quit.
No team would wilingly choose finger boy over Alonso.

Agreed!

bi22le - 4/10/14 at 01:31 PM

JB will retire. He has been hinting at it all season.

things like "Im trying my hardest, doing the best job I can. Dont feel sorry for me what ever happens"

He is too old now and not on the pace enough to be lead driver. He would earn very good money becoming a TV pundit.

fesycresy - 4/10/14 at 01:58 PM

Just heard Vettel on the radio confirming the change.

Show me the money, baby

TimC - 4/10/14 at 05:42 PM

JB to continue in McLaren sportscars.

StevieB - 4/10/14 at 08:13 PM

Button to retire and throw himself further into the triathlon world I reckon - he's already a fairly serious contender in the sport.

Mclaren are playing it cool on keeping their current drivers is a ploy to negotiate a hard deal with alonso I reckon - I like Button but I'm the first to admit Alonso is further ahead on the talent stakes and they've already backed magnussen too far to let him go now. That said, magnussen isn't performing come race day at present.