Board logo

External Mic
hkp57 - 8/10/15 at 03:05 PM

Been fed up with the sound quality of the onboard cameras and various cheap mic's

So I have been playing around to find best position for a RODE Video Mic Pro hooked into my Garmin VIRB Elite camera.

Think the results after playing with position and settings is good.

Adamirish - 8/10/15 at 03:26 PM

Sounds good! Any links to the mic? Is it wireless?

GeoffT - 8/10/15 at 03:29 PM

Sounds great, I always reckoned that good sound was just as important as the video quality with onboard cams.
Strange though how they always make the gearchanges sound much harsher than they really are..!

hkp57 - 8/10/15 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish
Sounds good! Any links to the mic? Is it wireless?

No its not wireless but here are the links, shopped around on the internet and got it cheaper

Mic Link

Camera Link

Adamirish - 8/10/15 at 04:47 PM

Wow. As the Stella Artois advert says, "reassuringly expensive!" Lol

bi22le - 8/10/15 at 07:02 PM

Yup sounds good.

The only feedback I would like to offer is that the camera should be in a different position.

From many years watching in car footage, left and right turns should be visible. At least you have chosen the right side that most UK tracks benefit from!

hkp57 - 8/10/15 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Yup sounds good.

The only feedback I would like to offer is that the camera should be in a different position.

From many years watching in car footage, left and right turns should be visible. At least you have chosen the right side that most UK tracks benefit from!

I agree, main aim of the test was the sound. Camera will be going back to its normal spot in the middle of the brace on the roll bar

jeffw - 9/10/15 at 07:28 AM

Mic sounds good but.....please heel & toe, would sound so much better.