Board logo

Javelin Sprint Series - Blyton 16/4
jeffw - 17/4/17 at 07:26 AM

Apparently a certain Jeff Wiltshire was fastest overall at the Javelin Sprint at Blyton yesterday

http://www.javelinsprintdays.co.uk/sprint/image/Documents/2017/Round%202/JTSS17R2.R6OV.pdf

It started raining during the 2nd runs and didn't stop till we finished. I knew it was going to rain so made sure I did the best I could on the first run, did I mention I found the reason for my brake issues before the first run?....A completely cracked disc on the front nearside wheel. The damaged disc explains a lot about recent braking performance but it prayed on my mind during the one and only dry run, needed to do enough to win without exploding the disc so I was giving myself loads of extra braking room. I did a 67sec run but I could have gone 3-4 secs faster than that with working brakes.

These are great events and if you ever had an urge to measure your (and your cars) performance against the clock and against other people it is a cheap way into the sport.

Javelin Sprint Series

jeffw - 17/4/17 at 09:40 PM

mark chandler - 17/4/17 at 10:53 PM

How many runs did you get Jeff?

The costs at around £150 per event are not looking that cheap the AMOC rounds come in at an average of £125 although any more than 2 practice and 2 timed tends to be a bonus, the local FDMC was I think just under £80, bargin!

jeffw - 18/4/17 at 06:43 AM

2 laps Convoy, 1 Untimed Practise, 6 Timed and then 1/2 hr of anyone (but not included in the results).

Try that on a MSA event.

[Edited on 18/4/17 by jeffw]

daniel mason - 18/4/17 at 09:32 AM

What engine and tyres was the wesftfield running which was p2?
He's gonna do very well in f2 looking at the times.

jeffw - 18/4/17 at 09:50 AM

2lt XE on V70 Softs. He did a very good lap.

I was doing the minimum I needed to in the one dry round having found big cracks through the front disc. Would have been a fair few secs faster if I was standing on the brakes as I should have been. Still 67 sec isn't too shabby with one run.

gaz_gaz - 18/4/17 at 03:41 PM

Some decent pictures Jeff.
Well done on the win.
Hopefully see you at the next one!

jeffw - 18/4/17 at 04:03 PM

Looking forward to it Gary

mark chandler - 18/4/17 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
2 laps Convoy, 1 Untimed Practise, 6 Timed and then 1/2 hr of anyone (but not included in the results).

Try that on a MSA event.

[Edited on 18/4/17 by jeffw]

No chance, looking very good value indeed