Board logo

Billy Monger Formula 4 crash
BenB - 19/4/17 at 08:58 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39647622

Just read this. Watched him race on the TOCA support package... not a good day.

jeffw - 19/4/17 at 09:26 PM

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/billymonger23

Lets help the lad ....

Nickp - 20/4/17 at 06:40 AM

That's terrible, poor lad Just donated.

LBMEFM - 20/4/17 at 06:57 AM

Being a regular race goer you get used to seeing crashes and in most cases the riders/drivers walk away with a few bruises. But when you see what can happen brings it home how dangerous our sport can be. Best wishes to Billy and his family in this terrible time for them. I've donated.

CosKev3 - 20/4/17 at 07:42 AM

Very scary in car footage,shows how little time you have to react to something like that.

I did fear the worst whilst watching it live,especially seeing his visor was forced open in the crash.

Although his injuries are horrific, he's very lucky he didn't receive any head injuries.

russbost - 20/4/17 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Very scary in car footage,shows how little time you have to react to something like that.

I did fear the worst whilst watching it live,especially seeing his visor was forced open in the crash.

Although his injuries are horrific, he's very lucky he didn't receive any head injuries.

Wholeheartedly agree. Just goes to show that whilst the cars are safer than they have ever been, you can never be quick enough to avoid a shunt like that.

I didn't see the race at the w/e, why had the other car stopped where it had? Seems an odd place to stop, if still rolling surely you'd park it off the track?

The in car footage is not clear, but couldn't see any yellow flags?

Dreadful thing to happen to one so young ................

Charlie_Zetec - 20/4/17 at 10:41 AM

From what I heard, the stationary car had spun out and the engine stalled - and that was where it just came to a stop. No yellow flags raised, but would this have prevented the crash, as there would've been no indication as to where the accident was?

Looking at the on-board footage, there was almost no time to react - the visibility from the cockpit is quite minimal to say the least!

I wish him a speedy recovery.

[Edited on 20/4/17 by Charlie_Zetec]

CosKev3 - 20/4/17 at 11:26 AM

As above,it had lost drive or stalled so was just rolling

bi22le - 20/4/17 at 07:50 PM

That is terrible, That is a fast part of the circuit as well.

What happened to the guy that was hit? Was he ok?

hearbear - 20/4/17 at 11:27 PM

I see Jenson button has made a very generous donation to the fund which is nice to see.