Board logo

Bond bug
woodster - 21/5/19 at 10:08 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1tUy78T8Euo

The guy can drive and passengers face is a picture ..... I bet you could smell the fear

Angel Acevedo - 22/5/19 at 02:08 AM

I wonder if those 4 point harnesses are legal...
But even then, effective??
Unless they have a lap belt...

Bluemoon - 22/5/19 at 07:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
I wonder if those 4 point harnesses are legal...
But even then, effective??
Unless they have a lap belt...

Should be if fitted correctly, and yes they do have a lap belt. From the video not convinced they are fitted properly. Not much to attach them to on a bug either.

Mr Whippy - 22/5/19 at 11:35 AM

you can see a roll cage (of sorts) behind them

big_wasa - 22/5/19 at 02:13 PM

Tiger racing had a bug in the workshop last week. I always wanted one in my teens.

HowardB - 22/5/19 at 02:57 PM

My neighbour had one, he crashed it through a five bar gate whilst testing the brakes, didn't even leave a scratch.

nick205 - 22/5/19 at 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
My neighbour had one, he crashed it through a five bar gate whilst testing the brakes, didn't even leave a scratch.

on the gate?

rusty nuts - 22/5/19 at 03:09 PM

Had a mate many years ago that rolled a Reliant Supervan across six lanes of the Newmarket bypass before it had crash barriers, he changed the spare wheel over and drove it home. The worst damage was the drivers goor handle was scratched

jtskips - 22/5/19 at 03:54 PM

Had two bond bugs both 700es the 750es was the one to have ,good fun but lethal if you pushed them to hard ,had them on there side a couple of times , 90mph top speed I think the 750 would do 100 mph

MikeRJ - 24/5/19 at 11:54 AM

Love the car and it's creator, not so keen on the simpleton with limited verbal capacity in the passenger seat "oh my god","oh my god","oh my god","oh my god","unreal","oh my god","oh my god".

HowardB - 24/5/19 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
Love the car and it's creator, not so keen on the simpleton with limited verbal capacity in the passenger seat "oh my god","oh my god","oh my god","oh my god","unreal","oh my god","oh my god".

Obviously very religious!

rusty nuts - 24/5/19 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Obviously very religious!

No, just newly converted!