Board logo

New type of fire extinguisher
Mr Whippy - 4/7/19 at 07:22 AM

Pewe mentioned this in another post and attached the link but I thought it was so good I'd do a new topic so it was not missed

These look just perfect for the car being so easy to store and light and a very decent price too

Nice one Pewe

Website linky

McLannahan - 4/7/19 at 09:54 AM

I didn't know about these either, thank you Pewe and Whipster.

Very tempted to buy one for my old classic Golfy!

Good call everyone...

SteveRST - 4/7/19 at 10:03 AM

I am considering one of these for the kit.

Anyone have any personal experience of using one? Feedback on how they cope with a petrol fueled fire?

loggyboy - 4/7/19 at 10:33 AM

Nice idea, but not convinced that engine fire video was anything more than a thin layer of flammable liquid ignited on an pre fire damaged old car.
Better than nothing but since i've had the race car, I don't think its hard or (stupidly) expensive to fit a proper plumbed in extinguisher to any car.

Mr Whippy - 4/7/19 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Nice idea, but not convinced that engine fire video was anything more than a thin layer of flammable liquid ignited on an pre fire damaged old car.
Better than nothing but since i've had the race car, I don't think its hard or (stupidly) expensive to fit a proper plumbed in extinguisher to any car.

you have a point but I've look at plumbed in systems and the cost has put me off tbh

Most modern cars are also quite crammed for space to fit a normal extinguisher and drilling holes for screws, yeah VW would love me doing that to their car...

[Edited on 4/7/19 by Mr Whippy]

loggyboy - 4/7/19 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
you have a point but I've look at plumbed in systems and the cost has put me off tbh

Most modern cars are also quite crammed for space to fit a normal extinguisher and drilling holes for screws, yeah VW would love me doing that to their car...

Yeah for a regular car, anything more than nothing would be a good thing! But would certainly consider a plumbed one if I were to ever finish the kit or was doing another track biased tin top.

JC - 4/7/19 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

They seem quite responsive to feedback - we could contact them and ask about how the test was performed?