Board logo

Track day car hire?
Jon Ison - 1/9/14 at 03:37 PM

Daughter in law wants to book a track day and hire a car for my son as a birthday present, any recommendations ?

adithorp - 1/9/14 at 03:54 PM

Book-a-track.

Not the cheapest of operators but very well run events with relativly low numbers and have a fleet of Cateringvans (R300's I think) to hire.

jossey - 1/9/14 at 03:55 PM

Blyton
Donnington

Javelin hire cars too.

Or do a super car day they are good too.

woodstock - 1/9/14 at 03:58 PM

I've not actually hired the car but I have been using this company for trackdays for a while now and they are always great to deal with.

http://www.opentrack.co.uk/track-car-hire/

Pretty good value too at £650 for everything.

Jon Ison - 1/9/14 at 04:02 PM

Some of you on here will know him he's a seasoned racer with now a young family and racing went on back boiler, what she wants to do is "con" him into doing a track day with me but when he/we turn up there's a car waiting for him, not a bad swimbo he has?

Tried Blyton/javelin and yes they do hire but for some reason they won't hire a car to do the day Frank as organised on the 18th of this month so looking what is out there

daniel mason - 1/9/14 at 04:51 PM

John. There's a guy on here who rents out a MeV mx 150r race car for good money. And he's flexible on dates usually. I can't remember his name now but he races in the series

chris mason - 1/9/14 at 05:21 PM

MK Sportscars used to hire out a track car Jon, it might be worth a chat with Danny, if they still do it I'm sure he could get one to the Blyton track day for you

matt5964 - 1/9/14 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Daughter in law wants to book a track day and hire a car for my son as a birthday present, any recommendations ?

Hi,

we went to

http://www.swracecarhire.com/Racecar%20Hire.html

and hired there R400 before we bought a 7 as we were coming from Bike's and wanted a taster, Steve and his team are top people and the day is run first class with everything you need including tuition , care are well maintained.

they just got a Radical SR3 RS...

[Edited on 1/9/14 by matt5964]

jossey - 2/9/14 at 07:35 AM

Hire an m3 for the day and the collision damage waiver lol