Board logo

IMPORTANT ANNOUCMENT ABOUT FRANK'S CHARITY TRACK DAYS @ BLYTON
fha772 - 27/3/16 at 08:56 PM

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
PLEASE READ!!!

Things have come to my attention lately that I never thought I would have to address at my charity track days.

As of now, the number of free extra drivers/passengers is limited to 2 per car, and I MUST have their names in advance of the day.

If for any reason you want to share your car between more than 3 of you, please contact me in advance to discuss, I'm not unreasonable, I just want to check that everything is ok, and above board.

Under no circumstances is anyone attending my days allowed to sell their extra drivers spaces as "experience days", to try and get commercial gain from a charitable event.

If I find out that you are profiting from these charity days, you will be asked to leave with immediate effect, not be allowed back on the track, and banned from future events.

THIS IS NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE DAY.

Thank you for your time, cheers Frank.

mark chandler - 27/3/16 at 09:06 PM

Wow, that's disgraceful if people are doing that.... Shame on them.

fha772 - 27/3/16 at 09:09 PM

The person in question has been advertising an "experience day" and charging £100 per person.
At the last day they had 7 extra drivers... :-(

I have emailed them to let them know they are no longer welcome at my days.

[Edited on 27/3/16 by fha772]

mark chandler - 27/3/16 at 09:23 PM

Good on you Frank, apart from it tarnishing a great & cheap day out I shudder to think of the consequences if they had hit someone.

motorcycle_mayhem - 27/3/16 at 09:29 PM

This is sickening.

My usual comments about money and greed purveying everything these days.

So sad.

daniel mason - 27/3/16 at 09:42 PM

Wankers!

Doctor Derek Doctors - 28/3/16 at 09:00 AM

Unreal, some people are properly low.

owelly - 28/3/16 at 09:04 AM

Well done for dealing with it far better than I would have!!
I would have let them take bookings for the next one and once they turn up with customers, told them to go away. I did wonder why their car seemed to be going rather slow.....

daniel mason - 28/3/16 at 09:49 AM

Did you overtake it welly?

owelly - 28/3/16 at 09:59 AM

Overtook it, lapped it and still beat them to the cafe....

daniel mason - 28/3/16 at 10:03 AM

Nothing like a slower car for a big ego boost

owelly - 28/3/16 at 10:04 AM

So very true......

fha772 - 28/3/16 at 10:11 AM

That's what I'm there for, to give everyone an ego boost...

skydivepaul - 28/3/16 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Nothing like a slower car for a big ego boost

It's a shame I couldn't make it, I would have loved to have overtaken something

[Edited on 28/3/16 by skydivepaul]

daniel mason - 28/3/16 at 10:16 PM

Sunday's your chance to shine mate!

skydivepaul - 29/3/16 at 06:51 AM

quote:
Sunday's your chance to shine mate!

Yes looking forward to it
Is your car ready to go Dan?

CosKev3 - 29/3/16 at 10:00 AM

Unreal the neck some people have

quote:
Wankers!

That's beat the swear filter!
Well done

Stevie_P - 29/3/16 at 10:50 AM

Shocking behavior this really.

As I suspect you can't name and shame, can I ask whether it is a private individual or a 'company' as I have an experience day booked at Blyton Park on May 7th.

Cheers All

Steve

fha772 - 29/3/16 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stevie_P
Shocking behavior this really.

As I suspect you can't name and shame, can I ask whether it is a private individual or a 'company' as I have an experience day booked at Blyton Park on May 7th.

Cheers All

Steve

I suspect that it is the same company, but May 7th isn't one of my dates, mine are the March 18th, and September 16th.

EDIT: I charge £100 per car at my days, and include extra drivers and passengers free of charge, and have never limited it, I also include photos.
I don't earn anything out of these days, all the money is donated to charity and good causes.
The day in March raised over £1500 towards treatment of a little girl that has a very aggressive form of cancer, and a further £200 to a small children's charity that I support.

[Edited on 29/3/16 by fha772]

Stevie_P - 29/3/16 at 11:15 AM

Sent you a U2U Frank for more information..

Steve

fha772 - 29/3/16 at 12:31 PM

Replied mate.

loggyboy - 26/4/16 at 09:17 PM

Just read on FB that not only have MK got the cheek to have done this - but even now they are still advertising these experience days at Franks TDs.
Crappy behaviour.

fha772 - 26/4/16 at 10:30 PM

I wish I didn't have to do what I've done, but naming them seems to be my only option as they won't reply to my emails or remove my dates from their website.

owelly - 26/4/16 at 10:48 PM

There is another way to talk to the offenders...... it involves a doorbell.

fha772 - 26/4/16 at 10:52 PM

But it's in Rotherham!!!

owelly - 26/4/16 at 11:02 PM

I thought you were a traveller.......? ;-)

z2000 - 27/4/16 at 06:35 AM

It's a shame you have had to name and shame them but you're right, they're still advertising on their website this morning:

http://www.mksportscars.com/experience-c30/mk-indy-rr-trackday-experience-p200

I feel sorry for any perspective customers who may have purchased (or still purchase before it's removed) one of these "experience days" as they will be in for a shock if they turn up and MK aren't there!

And to be trying to profit from a charity day of all things!

Unless of course the £100 fee is to cover the fuel used for 45 minutes driving and the lunch provided?

fha772 - 27/4/16 at 06:35 AM

It's not the distance, it's the fact that it's Rotherham, I've got standards you know!!!

adithorp - 27/4/16 at 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fha772
... I've got standards you know!!!

You can't write that above that photo and expect to be taken seriously

fha772 - 27/4/16 at 06:49 AM

I wouldn't have minded them doing it, if they had come and asked me in the proper manner.
That way I could have checked everything was OK with Blyton, and that they were covered by the circuit's liability insurance (which luckily they were).

All that Danny Keenan told me was "I want to bring a car for testing, and a couple of customers want to try it out."

That's far from "I want to run an experience day, and I'm going to have 7+ drivers, all paying £100 each."

If I'd been asked, I would have been fine with it, and would have probably asked for a little extra to the charity for doing it.
But now, they haven't got a chance of coming.

Also, they never properly booked the days, in March he called last minute on the off chance, in fact he had a cancellation place, and paid me on the day.
Then he said at the end of the day "stick my name down for September, I'll pay you on the day, and walked away."

quote:
Originally posted by z2000
It's a shame you have had to name and shame them but you're right, they're still advertising on their website this morning:

http://www.mksportscars.com/experience-c30/mk-indy-rr-trackday-experience-p200

I feel sorry for any perspective customers who may have purchased (or still purchase before it's removed) one of these "experience days" as they will be in for a shock if they turn up and MK aren't there!

And to be trying to profit from a charity day of all things!

Unless of course the £100 fee is to cover the fuel used for 45 minutes driving and the lunch provided?

Doctor Derek Doctors - 27/4/16 at 07:42 AM

Its just unbelievable, what utter scumbags. I assumed it was some chancer trying to make money on the side not one of the more well known 'Kit Car' companies like MK. Says everything you need to know about them really.

Oddified - 27/4/16 at 08:13 AM

As we say 'up north', some people have a brass neck, that's really taking the pee.

Ian

fha772 - 27/4/16 at 08:45 AM

This is my post on Facebook...

quote:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.
PLEASE READ!!!

I've not taken making this decision, and writing this post lightly, but I don't know what other action to take.

MK SPORTSCARS DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO RUN "EXPERIENCE DAYS" AT MY CHARITY TRACK DAYS.

I have tried on numerous times to contact them, and ask them to remove my 16th September date from there "experience day" website page, and I have had no response or action.

DO NOT BOOK THIS WITH MK SPORTSCARS, AS THEY ARE NOT WELCOME AT MY DAYS ANY MORE.

They are charging people £100 each to experience having a drive of 1 of their cars. (they claim to have reduced the price from £180!!)
They have never asked my permission to do this.

My days are 100% for charity, and I do not earn a single penny from these days, all I get out of it is that I don't pay for my own car to be there.

They had 7 extra drivers in their car at my last day, at £100 each.

I only charge that for a car including extra drivers and passengers and photos are included too!!!

They are ripping people off and lining their own pocket while doing it.

Please be very careful booking an "experience day" with MK Sportscars.

Thank you for reading, and I apologise for the rant, but they have driven me to this.

Please share this, as I don't want anyone to be conned by them.

Cheers Frank.

SteveWallace - 27/4/16 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fha772
I wish I didn't have to do what I've done, but naming them seems to be my only option as they won't reply to my emails or remove my dates from their website.

Why don't you compose an e-mail for Richard (I think that that's who I mean) to send to MK from Blyton which says something along the lines of

"during the safety briefing at the start of Franks charity track days, I will say that anyone selling sub-letting spaces in their car or anyone buying sub-let spaces in a car will not be issued with a wrist band and therefore not be allowed onto the track..."

They will then be left in no doubt as to the consequences of their actions and I'm sure that any locostbuilders members who are there on the day will provide any support necessary to police it.

I know that its not strictly any of Richards business, but he seems like a decent chap.