Board logo

Aintree Trackday 5th October
TimC - 18/9/19 at 09:42 PM

Anyone else doing this?

adithorp - 19/9/19 at 06:31 PM

I'm not but Aintree is on my to do list. Unfortunately I'm tied up on the 5th.

TimC - 20/9/19 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I'm not but Aintree is on my to do list. Unfortunately I'm tied up on the 5th.

That’s a great shame Adi.

adithorp - 20/9/19 at 07:11 PM

It might be possible but won't know until tomorrow so then it'll depend on places still being available. Which group have you gone for?

TimC - 21/9/19 at 06:27 AM

C but happy to do D - took advise from Autotune who usually have a McLaren M1 there but who sadly can’t make it this year.

adithorp - 22/9/19 at 10:08 PM

I'm signed up. Just waiting for confirmation I'm in/there's still spaces. Put group C but willing to do D.

Edit... Confirmed I'm in.

[Edited on 23/9/19 by adithorp]

TimC - 23/9/19 at 08:59 AM

quote:
I'm signed up. Just waiting for confirmation I'm in/there's still spaces. Put group C but willing to do D.

Edit... Confirmed I'm in.

[Edited on 23/9/19 by adithorp]

Superb Adi. I look forward to catching-up.

adithorp - 23/9/19 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Your that confident are you?

Will be good to see your car in action.

TimC - 23/9/19 at 11:41 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Your that confident are you?

Will be good to see your car in action.

I meant... you know what I meant.

Anyway, you can always blame the wind resistance from the windscreen.

[Edited on 23/9/19 by TimC]

TimC - 28/9/19 at 05:40 PM

Nearly ready - a bit concerned that I have a rattle from the 2-1 join on the manifold but hoping that noise will be okay.

AintreePrep
AintreePrep

[Edited on 28/9/19 by TimC]

adithorp - 1/10/19 at 08:15 AM

Seeing as I've got a quiet day at work, I guess I ought to look mine over.

With a bit of luck it won't start and I can trace that intermittent fault.

...and I'd better get my wets out.

[Edited on 1/10/19 by adithorp]

TimC - 1/10/19 at 02:37 PM

DarkSky currently says it’ll stay dry - we’ll see though.

My main issue is poor performance - of the human kind - feeling bl**dy rough!

adithorp - 3/10/19 at 09:24 PM

Starter fixed so just need to clear all the touring kit out, wipe it's face and load up tomorrow.

TimC - 3/10/19 at 10:07 PM

Im driving up tomorrow and staying North of Liverpool overnight. See you Saturday morning.

lsdweb - 10/10/19 at 12:25 PM

How did it go Tim?

TimC - 10/10/19 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
How did it go Tim?

Not my finest hour. To be frank, I was a complete klutz in the first session with two months out of the car plus an unfamiliar and dirty circuit resulting in me driving like a novice. Adi and most of the others in our group just drove away from me. I felt pretty disheartened at this stage.

The second session went better with things starting to come together. The car unfortunately then developed a misfire, particularly on the long back straight at speeds in excess of 120mph - not great. Things got worse when I dropped a cylinder and was forced to limp back to the paddock.

The sensible working theory is that the loss of oil pressure that I experienced last time out at Llandow did infact do some damage and the max throttle / high revs back straight at Aintree finished the job. 2019 is now essentially over for me and the car. Let’s hope Santa’s elves have a 4C8 R1 motor ready for me.

I think I’ll look to revisit Aintree next year. LMC run a tight ship and I felt like I was just starting to get to a point where improvement was about to get quite dramatic.

[Edited on 10/10/19 by TimC]

adithorp - 10/10/19 at 09:01 PM

I wasn't that much better... We both nearly went off on the first corner. Dirty track doesn't really do it justice.

lsdweb - 11/10/19 at 08:38 AM

Ah Tim, that sounds annoying and a bit expensive :-(

I did a sprint at Aintree years ago in the single seater - can't say I enjoyed it! They locked us in overnight and it was a tad wet - the drivers' briefing was something along the lines of "the racing line is under 3 inches of water so be careful"!

Hope you get i sorted over the winter.

Wyn

adithorp - 11/10/19 at 01:53 PM

Briefing for this included "The sweeper hasn't done a good job so the circuit is dirty, plus there's packed down grass cuttings on the line that we can't shift with brushes". Too be honest it wasn't nearly as bad as they made it sound.

pigeondave - 12/10/19 at 07:37 AM

quote:
I wasn't that much better... We both nearly went off on the first corner. Dirty track doesn't really do it justice.

Better or worse than the kit car live thing at Brands that time ?

TimC - 12/10/19 at 12:54 PM

AintreeFr
AintreeFr

AintreeSD
AintreeSD

And the team photo:
AdiTim
AdiTim

[Edited on 12/10/19 by TimC]