Board logo

striker side doors and windscreen frame
alfas - 23/11/16 at 11:03 AM

a mate of mine, owning a 1991 striker, has aksed me to search for a windscreen frame and a pair of side doors.

the frame should come without fasteners for a hood. shipping outside UK is required.

if you have something in your garage collecting dust, please sent U2U. thanks.

bi22le - 23/11/16 at 06:21 PM

I sold a screen on ebay for 99p as I had no interest for it after 6 months.

Bad timing from the both of us!!

alfas - 3/12/16 at 11:00 AM

i have sent an enquiry to RAW twice:

1. via carandclassic contact form from an advert of one of their kits
2. via contact form on RAW´s own homepage

1 month has passed---zero reply...not a great service!!

loggyboy - 3/12/16 at 11:10 AM

Pick up the phone? I know they moved recently. Ive not dealt with them for a couple of years, but emails were always picked up within a day or 2.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 3/12/16 at 11:57 AM

As said they normally pick up the phone .

ian locostzx9rc2 - 3/12/16 at 11:57 AM

double post oops !!

[Edited on 3/12/16 by ian locostzx9rc2]

alfas - 3/12/16 at 01:11 PM

sure...phoning is another option....

i´m stressed and busy the whole day, where such things come-up my mind after the usual office hours, or on weekend, hence email.

Hammy360 - 4/12/16 at 08:27 AM

They're a great outfit but not a big one. Always very helpful on the phone. I think we've all come dependant on email, text, etc etc.

Its good to talk!

alfas - 4/12/16 at 05:02 PM

so, if the medium email is not supported by those companies, why they are offering it?

i can give you several examples (i dont want to name all the companies here): most companies i contacted by phone, after they havent replied to my emails: please sent me your contact details by email, so we dont make any mistakes during shipping.

is this logic?

and if i ask those companies: "havent you received my xxx emails which i posted from 2 different accounts (to make sure it doesnt end in the spam folder)): yes we have received and read them.

they HAVE received AND read them...but they dont reply...and those companies ask me to sent another email with my contact details (even the "old" emails show my full contact details)---what kind of policy is that?

loggyboy - 4/12/16 at 05:44 PM

They will be there at weekends, with emails you never know they havent had technical issues or similar. If its important to you then a call is easy enough to do.

alfas - 4/12/16 at 07:56 PM

with email you never know? hmmmm....

in my 20years business (machinery) i never had this issue that emails got lost from/at my account nor i have ever had email problems with my suppliers in germany, france, italy, poland.

but i have lots of similar complaints from private persons or companies contacting UK email adresses.

Hammy360 - 5/12/16 at 07:19 AM

Well it sounds like you need to find a company that are slaves to email then or just call. Raw are small and very busy due to the success of there car. That said maybe they should remove the email option. I learned a long while ago that with kit companies it's better to call and call again. A lot are cottage industries

loggyboy - 5/12/16 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alfas

in my 20years business (machinery) i never had this issue that emails got lost from/at my account nor i have ever had email problems with my suppliers in germany, france, italy, poland.

but i have lots of similar complaints from private persons or companies contacting UK email adresses.

Could just be their host os flagging them as junk.

alfas - 5/12/16 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by alfas

Could just be their host os flagging them as junk.

i used their web-contact form and i also used the web-contact form of carandclassic.

such mails should not end in the junk/spam?

ian locostzx9rc2 - 5/12/16 at 04:24 PM

As your posting your comments at 13.30 today you could just ring them ?????

[Edited on 5/12/16 by ian locostzx9rc2]

cfc999 - 6/12/16 at 01:52 PM

I think I've got a screen surround some where if youre still looking.

alfas - 28/12/16 at 11:37 AM

yep...still looking.....please sent me a U2U

alfas - 11/1/17 at 12:02 PM

sent another email to RAW....and yippieh got a reply : parts are available, but they cannot ship the windscreen frame and they have doubts shipping the doors. at least the windscreen-frame would be a pick-up job