Board logo

Phoenix fuel tank replacement
OwenSP - 27/12/18 at 03:17 PM

Hi all,

ideally I'll be replacing the mini van tank in my phoenix shortly, given the intricacies of installing/removing the slimline tank (from underneath), I'm trying to find out if there is a plug and play alloy tank option floating about. I'd rather not have to have one fabricated !£££!

Thanks

[Edited on 27/12/18 by OwenSP]

martin500 - 28/12/18 at 10:17 AM

I can't remember the size but have a look at these guys ebay shop good range of products at reasonable prices. I am not connected to them in any way so unable to give recommendations, just impressed with their prices.

Martin

gremlin1234 - 28/12/18 at 11:33 AM

minispares do a stainless one
https://www.minispares.com/product/classic/21A291MS.aspx

£163.20 inc vat

OwenSP - 28/12/18 at 12:12 PM

I'm after an alloy replacement ideally

[Edited on 28/12/18 by OwenSP]

alfas - 4/1/19 at 11:43 AM

i have an alloy tank here....baffeld, with extra-sump, incl. sender and fuel return and bigger capacity

talking about weight....the saving against the original steel tank is marginal...when tis filled its even heavier (caused by the bigger volume)

OwenSP - 4/1/19 at 11:46 AM

Hi alfas, sounds interesting, has it been used in a Phoenix?

alfas - 4/1/19 at 01:06 PM

now, as you ask, i remember that i bought it from a striker-owner....but it was supposed to go into my strker mk4 clubman (sometimes also called phoenix)...but this never happend, as i could "rescue" my old steel tank, cleaning it be electrolysis...

this said....even the tank is now collecting dust....shipping from outside UK to UK would be quite expensive i guess....

peter030371 - 4/1/19 at 10:03 PM

I'm about to have an alloy tank made to fit my Striker with baffles and a decent sump for connection straight to a FI pump, I could ask for the price for two if you are interested?