Board logo

Fisher seat runners ? Any recommendations
goonbell73 - 25/9/20 at 10:33 AM

I’ve recently become an owner of a fury with the original factory low back seats and was wondering if anyone has experience of seat runners that work well ?
Want to be able to get my father behind the wheel and was hoping not to have to unbolt seat and move every time he wants to drive .
Any advice greatly appreciated- not looking like much in way of movement needed so roll bar headrests should still work well
Thanks
Jim

Mr Whippy - 25/9/20 at 11:57 AM

All I'd say is I would recommend you go for runners that lock both rails as those which only lock on one side rock a lot and it's worth paying a bit more for them. Car Builder Solutions have them £18 for single locking and £26 or £32 for double locking. Page 271 on their downloadable PDF catalogue.

They do provide hole spacing dimensions, hopefully some will match your seats...

adithorp - 25/9/20 at 05:18 PM

I had single locking ones from CBS. They're fine but in 9rder to work well they have to be mounted pretty accurately parallel or they'll stick/bind. They'll also raise the seats by about 20mm unless the seats are already mounted on spacer blocks.

snapper - 26/9/20 at 01:47 PM

The original lie back seats I have in mine are bolted under the front and at the top of the back of the seat, I’m not sure a simple set of seat runners will work without some modification to the seat

goonbell73 - 29/9/20 at 08:37 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions - think I’ll probably wait and just set the seat up for me at the moment