Board logo

Unexpected child put the dream on hold!!!
ChrissyDai - 15/9/20 at 08:17 PM

I'm back!!
Well what can I say, it's been a testing few years haha! As I was gearing up for my first venture into getting a car, the Mrs dropped the bombshell that i was going to be a father again!! so that was the end of the dream for a few years! Now nearly 3 years on, I'm back on here, normally reading and looking at the classifieds, but thought it was only right I drop back in and say Hi to everybody. Nice to see that that the help and advice given to people in their threads is exactly the same as it was before, and the sharing of knowledge is exactly the same too!

The vision for 'my car' hasn't changed, I still aim to have a Saab powered car, but I'm starting from square one again, so will no doubt be heckling you guys on here for as much help and advice as possible! If any of you know for a project that would be a suitable starting point for me (preferably already road registered) then please feel free to let me know or point me in the right direction, and I would greatly appreciate it!

Great to be back, and looking forward to finally getting this build from the inside of my cranium and onto the road!!

Chris

Deckman001 - 15/9/20 at 09:01 PM

Hi Chris,

Welcome back, it's always good to pop back in and say hello, Children always come first, and nearly all of us know that and you always eventually get time for some selfish time for just you, just try and keep as many members of your family involved, that way you should hopefully get to keep any kit car builds longer

Jason

scudderfish - 16/9/20 at 05:45 AM

Small hands can be a useful.

nick205 - 16/9/20 at 01:26 PM

Good to see people back and ready to get back to cars. Family life can certainly slow these activities down (it did for me too).

Keep us posted on your progress

ChrissyDai - 16/9/20 at 06:42 PM

Thank you guys I really appreciate it The 15 year old boy will no doubt be wanting the keys in 2 years time if I get this project off the ground, and the 2.5 year old daughter already loves the F1 and any car/bike that makes a noise and goes fast, so I'm on to a winner

James - 17/9/20 at 01:28 PM

Well congratulations on the kiddo and welcome back in from the cold!

Let us know about your Saab ideas as I'm just looking at getting a 9-5 (tintop) myself and interested to see what can be done with them!

James

nick205 - 17/9/20 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrissyDai
Thank you guys I really appreciate it The 15 year old boy will no doubt be wanting the keys in 2 years time if I get this project off the ground, and the 2.5 year old daughter already loves the F1 and any car/bike that makes a noise and goes fast, so I'm on to a winner

When I finally got my MK Indy on the road my first son was at pre-school. He really enjoyed being taken the 2 mile trip to pre-school in the Indy (in the summer). It left him grinning all day

He was also the most upset when I decided to sell the Indy and spend the money on a Seat Alhambra (we had twins 2nd time around so 3 kids in total).