Board logo

New user saying hi - MR2 MK3
JohnVZ - 16/3/17 at 09:57 AM

Morning folks!
Found this forum via another member on MR2ROC - here's my current project:

Currently running a few breathing mods, bracing and polys - next step is suspension refresh with either Koni's or coilovers.

Cheers!

John

Ugg10 - 16/3/17 at 10:03 AM

Please tell me you are not going to turn it into a 360 replica!

Or please tell me you are doing a Camry 3.5l v6 conversion!

Stevie_P - 16/3/17 at 10:05 AM

You need this in your life:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=208144

You can thank me later...

Steve

JohnVZ - 16/3/17 at 10:10 AM

LOL - no plans for a ferrari or any other wacko replica!

I'd love a V6 in there - however funds are not quite as forthcoming as they need to be for that kind of effort :-)

I'd say it's more reasonable to hope for a 2zz oneday...

anyway - the current focus is on making sure the handling is spot on, and @ 130K the suspension DOES need to be refreshed!

@Steve - can't see that link.. probably because I'm a new member...

Stevie_P - 16/3/17 at 10:13 AM

Ah yes.

I think it's 48 hours unless you've paid a contribution.

Basically it's a lotus 2ZZ for sale with ancillaries.

You know you want to...

JohnVZ - 16/3/17 at 10:32 AM

hmmmm..... how much is it up for?

Stevie_P - 16/3/17 at 11:01 AM

I think he wants about £500 for it. 10K on the engine so fresh as a daisy by the sound of things.
Steve

JohnVZ - 16/3/17 at 11:07 AM

Wow - my initial response is! GOT TA HAVE IT... my second response is .... why's it so cheap?? I'll need to fill out that contribution thing now cos I'm getting really interested!

Stevie_P - 16/3/17 at 11:10 AM

I thought it was a bargain to be honest and would have it myself if I didn't have lots on.
I've posted a link on MR2 Roadster Owners Forum so be quick as they know it sounds worth it..

Steve

StevieB - 16/3/17 at 06:39 PM

Always liked the Mk3 MR2 - I kind of fancy getting one for cheap and turning it into a track car.

I looked into the V6 conversion too, but while clearly powerful, are they not a little heavy at the back with this? The 2ZZ engine should be a more straight forward install and presumably can be tuned up from there, plus 6sp box as well...

JohnVZ - 16/3/17 at 06:55 PM

I don't believe the weight is much of an issue. Have a look at someone like ChrisGB's thread and you'll see it's well worth it.
Cost is the real decider to be honest... You start at about £6k!

Stevie_P - 16/3/17 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
Always liked the Mk3 MR2 - I kind of fancy getting one for cheap and turning it into a track car.

If you're serious I may be tempted to part with mine.
PM me if you like.
Steve