Board logo

Trust It...........
rallyingden - 2/12/08 at 10:49 AM

To snow ...........
I've had to take my kit out of the garage to get my lads tin top in for repairs. Its got a tarpaulin over it but the snow is filling the tub area up.

RD

theconrodkid - 2/12/08 at 10:55 AM

sun,s out down south

Mr Whippy - 2/12/08 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rallyingden
To snow ...........
I've had to take my kit out of the garage to get my lads tin top in for repairs. Its got a tarpaulin over it but the snow is filling the tub area up.

ah ha! so it was you who tempted fate, its all your fault

coozer - 2/12/08 at 11:24 AM

Snow on the ground this morning but nice and sunny now, not a cloud in the sky.

contaminated - 2/12/08 at 11:30 AM

Just been out for a spin in mine. Bright sunshine! Mind you a "spin" is the right word - I could get no temperature in the tyres whatsoever!

Mr Whippy - 2/12/08 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by contaminated
Just been out for a spin in mine. Bright sunshine! Mind you a "spin" is the right word - I could get no temperature in the tyres whatsoever!

rather brave, the roads up here are in pretty bad shape, quite a few came in late this morning after getting stuck

nick205 - 2/12/08 at 11:53 AM

Sun's up down on the south coast, roads are dry(ish) and I'm working from home

Car's still in bits in the garage

Richard Quinn - 2/12/08 at 12:42 PM

Had a slightly embarrassing time this morning. It was clear all the way in this morning until I got to the business park where our offices are. There appeared to be a light dusting of slushy, haily snow covering the ground (which is always fun in a rwd BMW) All was fine until I parked on the sloping car park in front of the office. The stuff on the ground was still relatively frozen and as I got out of the car I discovered that the car was sliding very, very slowly towards the office. Getting back in the car and applying the foot brake halted its progress so I was stuck sat in the car and had to ring reception to get some of the lads out to try to at least hold the car steady while I tried to reverse back up the slope and find somewhere a bit more level to park.
It was embarrassing enough but could have been a lot worse!

ETA - Seems I partially redeemed myself with my drive back up to level ground with the traction control off. I am now known in the office as "The Stig" rather than "The t*t who nearly had his car crash into the office by itself"!!

[Edited on 2/12/08 by Richard Quinn]

Stantman - 2/12/08 at 01:33 PM

Sunny in the South West, but cold. Car in bits so had to drive the tin top, heated seats, LOVELY !!!

omega 24 v6 - 2/12/08 at 04:00 PM

5 inch deep here this morning 5.30am.

mcerd1 - 2/12/08 at 05:12 PM

we got a little here last night/ today - but it turns to slush quite quickly

I'm just trying to get used to the 'new' car (old focus)
it seams ok in the snow/ slush so far but it doesn't dig in anf grip the way the old one used to
maybe I should borrow my old car back from McSpeedy for the winter

[Edited on 2/12/08 by mcerd1]

RichardK - 2/12/08 at 05:30 PM

Bloody tell me about it, this was outside Beverly SVA centre this morning!

Twas freezing, but very glad didn't choose to drive it there!!

Cheers

DIY Si - 2/12/08 at 06:34 PM

But did you pass?

PS, been sunny buy a bit chilly in the Midlands all day.

Simon - 2/12/08 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rallyingden
To snow ...........

RD

Empty it out regularly or you'll have a pre-lined pond when it thaws

ATB

Simon

JoelP - 2/12/08 at 08:09 PM

i nearly got stuck in the van today! Went down a sloping cul de sac to a customers house as the snow started up again, lucky i drove out immediately because i barely made it, would still be there now if i had tried to do the work first!

real struggle to get home too, sliding down the camber could barely make it move.

[Edited on 2/12/08 by JoelP]