Board logo

Vindicator Cars at Stoneleigh
scootz - 4/5/09 at 10:03 PM

What on earth were those all about!

We had a good giggle at their stand!

omega0684 - 4/5/09 at 10:11 PM

That was tim i think?

zetec - 5/5/09 at 06:41 AM

I saw their stand at Detling, my 9 year old couldn't get over how bad they were. I do wonder how they have keep going so long when others have gone to the wall. All I can think is that they have a small but loyal following for "something different", perhaps some look at us and wonder how we can drive around in our cars...

coozer - 5/5/09 at 06:51 AM

Aye, the car looked just as bad as at Stafford and he looked like stig of the dump in that jumper. Probably knitted by the same granny who built the bubble

mr henderson - 5/5/09 at 07:25 AM

I thought the 'fighter inspired' car didn't look quite as bad in reality as it did in the pictures. I suppose something like that might work if it was used in the same way as cars shaped liked oranges, or eggs, or beer bottles, basically a promotional type vehicle to be parked in a shopping centre somewhere to draw crowds of people who have no interest in cars.

As for their other cars, especially the 4 seater, well, they do say it is in the eye ofthe beholder

John

adithorp - 5/5/09 at 07:33 AM

Whilst I don't like any of thier cars and they look as cool as that jumper(IMHO); I accept that some people do. Also if you want a 4 seater kit, you have little choice. Good luck to them.

They're just a bit Marmite...OK, a lot Marmite...but worse.

Adrian

scootz - 5/5/09 at 08:47 AM

Crikey... must have been some jumper - I never noticed it as I couldn't see due to my eyes being glued to the absurdity that was their cars!

PS - In the spirit of fair play... good luck to them!

blakep82 - 5/5/09 at 11:39 AM

wish i'd gone, just for the jumper!

vindicator - 5/5/09 at 12:19 PM

YES, it was me in the jumper, no i don't work for Vindicator, but I do what I can for JB (the owner) to keep the company in the limelight.

As long as the company keeps going then I can get advice, spare parts etc.etc.

So if I have to stand out (in a orange sweater!!) to get people to talk about my car on the stand (also in last months KitCar mag on front cover!!!) and if interested get their details for further info then I will. I will not however try and obtain/pressure a deposit out of someone at the show like other company's did at Stoneleigh.

Vindicator cars is a small company and JB does not want to be in a position where he has to make 5 cars a week like some of the bigger names. (it would be nice but think of the hassle in this climate to lay off people)

It also keeps narrow minded people talking to people that will listen to them....but then they have their opinon as I do.

Please keep trashing Vindicator as someone will look at the website to see for themselves what all the fuss is about and say "that is different from everyone else" and buy.....

As for granny coozer.....she is in Scotland and on her way down and will wear her Jumper at the next show...please come and say 'hi' to her.....

Regards to all that I talked to at Stoneleight and thanks for the complements.....

TimR

Vindi_andy - 5/5/09 at 12:20 PM

OK im sure you can guess by my nic Im a Vindicator owner.

I have just built and SVAd a Vindicator Sprint family, mainly because of the aforementioned reason ie I need a 4 seater as this was the stipulation from the wife if I was to be allowed a kitcar and I didnt want an old Roadster style and couldnt afford a chesil 2+2. Given a choice I would go for a Murtaya but they dont do a 2+2

The guy in the Orange Jumper is indeed Tim and the jumper was knitted by his wife who has a matching one.

The F4 or Bubble as it has been refered to is the brainchild and project of one individual who approached several companies with his idea none of whom would do it. John ever the entrepeneur said yes for a cost. It is a one off and someones pride and joy. Thats the thing about kitcars everybody has their own taste and can do something about it. Like the guys who have built their own atom style cars on here from the ground up. The guy who wanted his F4 phantom inspired car didnt have the skill to do it himself so talked to someone who did.

Having said that it is not to my taste but could maybe be modified to have a single rear wheel and a scooter/bike engine and fall into the 3 wheel commuter vehicle thread. I think the volvo rear end doesnt help it any.

To each his own. Live and let live

Stands by for the tirade

ETA there will be some post SVA mods that will change the appearance slightly but they may be a while coming as the wife keeps finding other things to spend the money on

[Edited on 5/5/09 by Vindi_andy]

nige - 5/5/09 at 12:45 PM

i smiled at the orange jumper i must admit
and the strange bubble style car , not my cup of tea !

but each to their own i say and well done you two for standing up and having your say

Vindi_andy - 5/5/09 at 12:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Whilst I don't like any of thier cars and they look as cool as that jumper(IMHO); I accept that some people do. Also if you want a 4 seater kit, you have little choice. Good luck to them.

They're just a bit Marmite...OK, a lot Marmite...but worse.

Adrian

Regards the choice or lack of it for a four seater adi you are so right.

I suspect it may come from an attitdude that was demonstrated to me at Donnington about 4 years ago just before seroius conversations started to take place with vindicator regarding a four seat kitcar that was "different".

I asked a particular manufacturer, who will remain namless, whose 2 seat car I liked and still do, "have you got any plans to do a 2+2 or 4 seat version" the response was personally staggering and showed the narrow mindedness of the individual. It was "Why should we do that its only family men that need that arrangement and they dont have any spare cash".

If us "family" men dont have any spare cash how have I been able to build a Sprint Family Kit car.

vindicator - 5/5/09 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nige
i smiled at the orange jumper i must admit
and the strange bubble style car , not my cup of tea !

but each to their own i say and well done you two for standing up and having your say

Nige,

You are quite welcome to come and chat to me if you can stand the jumper being so close!!!! My opinion with the F4 is the same as yours.....but I wish I could (money not being the restriction) design my car totally like Peter has done with the F4.

Regards

TimR

chrisg - 5/5/09 at 05:24 PM

Ha - my missus commented on the Jumper, does it run off a battery?

Cheers

Chris

vindicator - 5/5/09 at 10:25 PM

chrisg, sorry I can't say that it is a 'green' jumper....

Regards

blakep82 - 5/5/09 at 10:37 PM

i'm not being rude, but i've heard so much about this jumper now Tim, any chance of a photo to see what i missed?

vindicator - 5/5/09 at 10:41 PM

omg, 2 mins and i'll see what I can do.....

blakep82 - 5/5/09 at 10:43 PM

wicked! i tell you, you and that jumper seem to be a bit of a locostbuilders celeb!

vindicator - 5/5/09 at 11:00 PM

I am just waiting for someone to beat me....can't wait to see what turns up!!!!!

regards to Fans.....

vindicator - 5/5/09 at 11:05 PM

Blake,

Just noticed that you are in greenock. I have to go past there when I go up to Skye for a quick holiday.

In fact I am waiting up for swmbo to come home as she spent a girls weekend away up at the holiday home.

I may give you advance notice if I am coming past and you can see the true colour.....

regards

TimR

blakep82 - 5/5/09 at 11:09 PM

that would be awesome! if i ever get this car done, and to a point where its ready to be painted purple and flourescent orange (thats right!) i'd love a picture of my car and you with your jumper on your way by!

vindicator - 5/5/09 at 11:10 PM

done deal, just let me know when you are ready.....

blakep82 - 5/5/09 at 11:16 PM

lol by the way i'm going, it might be a while yet, but when you're passing by let me know. would be good to say hello i gather you over the ersking bridge rather that the ferry though?

vindicator - 6/5/09 at 11:02 AM

yes I head for the bridge and then onto the A82. Takes me a good 10-11 hr drive.

But the views, roads, no traffic lights are fantastic.

Getting a garage built up there to store the Vindi ready for next year.

Vindi_andy - 7/5/09 at 08:53 AM

Hope its a 3 car garage for the Vindicator world tour of scotland

vindicator - 7/5/09 at 12:27 PM

No doubt the estimate will be back in a week and I'll let you know.

Just had it confirmed that I am now off on Saturday for 4 weeks. The end date can be changed at any time.

Lets hope I can annoy someone important and get kicked out. I don't have to tell you where I am going do I.....

TimR