Board logo

you know its bad when..
cd.thomson - 12/8/10 at 09:11 AM

..You start having dreams about things going wrong with your car!

Few nights ago I had a dream I had a small crash in the Dax while I was driving it unregistered - poo hit the fan etc.

Last night I woke up devastated because I'd dreamt I'd been showing the car off to mates on my drive. I'd popped a coolant hose without realising and nuked the engine!

Ah well. At least I'm not in pakistan right now with really problems to keep me up at night..

smart51 - 12/8/10 at 09:36 AM

Dreams are funny things aren't they? A similar thing happened to me after the bottom end of my engine let go.

speedyxjs - 12/8/10 at 09:43 AM

I have had dreams like that before but not car related.

Takes a while to realise it wasnt real!

thunderace - 12/8/10 at 10:09 AM

sadly i dont ever remember ever having any dreams.(is this normal )

rallyingden - 12/8/10 at 10:33 AM

I had a 2 cylinder 2 stroke bike once that was running on 1 cylinder, dog rough on tickover.
In a dream I worked out that coz its a 2 stroke with crankcase primary compression there must an oil seal in the middle of crank and this oil seal must be split and acting like a one way valve allowing the primary compression of one cylinder into the other but not visa versa.
On the streangth of that dream I stripped the engine down and found my dream was spot on even down to how the seal was split.......... Wierd or what

Took crank to dealer, who split the crank & replaced the seal. Built it back up and hey presto Fixed

RD

MikeR - 12/8/10 at 10:38 AM

I'm with him - very very very rare that i remember dreams.

cd.thomson - 12/8/10 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rallyingden
I had a 2 cylinder 2 stroke bike once that was running on 1 cylinder, dog rough on tickover.
In a dream I worked out that coz its a 2 stroke with crankcase primary compression there must an oil seal in the middle of crank and this oil seal must be split and acting like a one way valve allowing the primary compression of one cylinder into the other but not visa versa.
On the streangth of that dream I stripped the engine down and found my dream was spot on even down to how the seal was split.......... Wierd or what

Took crank to dealer, who split the crank & replaced the seal. Built it back up and hey presto Fixed

RD

thats brilliant! love it

I'm not normally one for dreams thunderace, although dreams must come across as wierd sounding things if you've never had one!

smart51 - 12/8/10 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
sadly i dont ever remember ever having any dreams.(is this normal )

No, you must be a wierdo Try having dreams so bad that you wake up in the middle of them. You'll remember them then.

nemesis v12 - 12/8/10 at 12:12 PM

i dreamt the missus was a bus once... when i woke up i was going to town on her

eddie99 - 12/8/10 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nemesis v12
i dreamt the missus was a bus once... when i woke up i was going to town on her

I remember most of my dreams and sometimes do wake up in the night very scared. Worst bit is you wake up scared but you don't know why your scared because you can't remember all the dream...

splitrivet - 12/8/10 at 01:10 PM

I had a dream I was eating a giant marshmallow the other night.
When I woke up the pillow was missing !!
Cheers,
Bob

zilspeed - 12/8/10 at 04:01 PM

Here's my take on this one.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=104462

MakeEverything - 12/8/10 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
I have had dreams like that before but not car related.

Takes a while to realise it wasnt real!

So what DID you 'pop the bottom hose' off of if it wasnt the car then???

clairetoo - 12/8/10 at 09:46 PM

the other week , my alarm went off so I got up , and headed for the kitchen , switching the kettle on as soon as I got there...............then the alarm went off again - and I woke up , wondering why I wasnt in the kitchen , dressed , and waiting for the kettle to boil
It was so real - I was still feeling a bit confused when I got to work - wondering if I was still asleep , and the alarm was gonna go off any second !