Board logo

Locost - Duratec Progress
andylancaster3000 - 21/2/11 at 01:28 AM

Well on the way through an engine swap to a Duratec so I thought I'd post some pictures of how its going.

Aiming to be out in the 750mc Kits again this year. Not sure we are going to make the first round in April but hopefully we'll be there by Cadwell in May.

CVH out. Open to offers for this if anyone is interested!

Engine bought, fairly low mileage. After a strip down all seemed in staggeringly good condition. I guess thats what you get with these 'modern' engines. Had the bottom pulley and crank manchined to allow a woodruff key to be fitted.

After making a sump and modifying a standard type 9 bellhousing a dummy block was installed to allow everything else to be made.

Omex bought and fitted. Loom in progress...

Very unlike us, we paid to have something made. Exhaust done by Competition Fabrication in Attleborough, Norfolk, very happy with the result!

Still quite a bit to do but all the big jobs done, now time for wiring, plumbing and making the bonnet fit. Then to see if we can get it to start which I cant imagine will be entirely easy.

big-vee-twin - 21/2/11 at 09:14 AM

I've been looking for someone to build be a road going exhaust for my Duratec, do they have a website

andylancaster3000 - 23/2/11 at 01:32 PM

They don't have a website I'm afriad, I was made aware of them through word of mouth. Very helpful and welcoming and very skilled metal workers too. Price was really quite reasonable.

[Edited on 23/2/11 by andylancaster3000]

FASTdan - 23/2/11 at 02:00 PM

Good to see another duratec 7 being born. Is it a 2.0 or 2.3?

andylancaster3000 - 24/2/11 at 08:10 AM

It's a 2.0. Can't wait for the first trackday to test it!

speedstar - 9/3/11 at 09:26 PM

Andy... We need words about that engine...

andylancaster3000 - 15/5/11 at 10:27 AM

Getting there...