Board logo

Rebuild threads?
Rich_p - 19/4/13 at 01:55 PM

I’ve had a quick search but can only find a couple of rebuild threads.

I understand people buy part built kits and finish them but the chassis etc are generally in as new condition.

I was wondering if many people had purchased cheap or tatty locosts and rebuilt them to a good/acceptable standard?

I would be interested in seeing those.

Matt_C - 19/4/13 at 02:50 PM

I bought a part complete Luego Velocity that had been sitting under a tarp outside for a year or so. That was not in a great condition when I started stripping it back.

I completely stripped it back and had all the chassis and wishbones blasted and re-powdercoated. I have plenty of photos but I think I have only put a few up on here.

It is not finished yet but I am trying to do it to a decent standard with standard parts (Silvertop Zetec, Sierra/Granada running gear etc).

Matt

owelly - 19/4/13 at 03:21 PM

I bought a rubbish old kit car and spent many hours making it worse. But that's just how I do things....

tomprescott - 19/4/13 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I bought a rubbish old kit car and spent many hours making it worse. But that's just how I do things....

Don't worry, you're not alone!

Zagato - 19/4/13 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly

Lol,

I could easily do the same

theduck - 19/4/13 at 07:52 PM

Mine wasn't great, and those who have seen it would probably say it still isn't