Board logo

Someone to finish build
focijohn - 2/3/14 at 08:01 PM

Hello all,
Things going round in my head, and with being diagnosed with CFS (nearly 2 years ago) I'm really struggling to feel well enough to finish or even get round to working on it. I have moved it to a dry garage now with the best intentions but with my health as it is I've not worked on it in months. It's been 5 years now and it's still not done and is really starting to grate on me that it's not sorted. It's not far off being done (not that there's much to do anyway). As the title says, does anyone know of anyone localish to me that undertakes such tasks and would put it through IVA etc for a fee, I'd really like to do it myself for obvious reasons but as above I don't know when that would be.
Hope that makes sense but my heads mangled.

O ...It's an MNR vortx RTIB and I live in Worcestershire.

Regards

John

HappyFather - 2/3/14 at 09:02 PM

80 miles from you, in Ilkeston (near Nothingham) is Aries Motorsports. Contact Steve, he might do it. At least I have agreed with him to do my pre-IVA fixes and then put my car through IVA.
It's just a phone call, worth trying.
http://www.ariesmotorsport.co.uk

ali f27 - 2/3/14 at 09:06 PM

I realise i am to far away for you but have the time and could do it it if any good to you
Cheers Ali

TimC - 2/3/14 at 09:07 PM

Try Dave at http://www.trackdevelopments.co.uk/ near Castle Combe. Lots of Westfield, MK, Aries, etc etc experience.

Wheels244 - 2/3/14 at 09:09 PM

How far off is it John ?

This is the sort of work I'm considering for my retirement ( albeit 8 years away ) amongst other ideas.

Unfortunately not near to you to discuss face to face - but possibly willing to take it on provided you could live with it being done in my spare time.

I've already built my own MNR, so I'm familiar with the kit - there are some pictures of mine in my photos - more available on request.

Let me know what you think.

Rob

femster87 - 2/3/14 at 09:09 PM

Automotive Racing Solutions
Unit 15

Bailey Brook Business Park

Amber Drive

Langley Mill

Nottinghamshire

NG16 4BE

focijohn - 2/3/14 at 09:31 PM

thank you all, I will follow up all your leads.

Wheels224, it's not far off at all, rolling chassis, brakes, engine and cooling systems in. Management and induction bought, need to install gauges(have them). Put simply it needs seats+ belts, rolling road, front cycle wings, fuel filler and cap, and an exhaust system making and silencer mounting.

ali f27 - 2/3/14 at 09:49 PM

If you want to have a look at cars Mark and i have built will send you pics

tegwin - 2/3/14 at 10:00 PM

Sorry I'm not still around to give you a hand bud.

Would mnr finish for you?

panichat - 3/3/14 at 07:21 AM

This company might be worth a call

GPA Cars at The Cotswold Garage
Unit 4 Willersey Industrial Estate
Badsey Road
Willersey
Worcestershire
WR12 7QF
01386 854969

Their website has details of their kit finishing business.

Dave

Chris Ridgers - 4/3/14 at 07:02 AM

U2U'd

TimC - 18/3/14 at 01:14 PM

Just wondering what you'd decided?

focijohn - 18/3/14 at 01:35 PM

I'm in conversation with Chris Ridgers at the moment so will more than likely be going to him in the near future.