Board logo

Boot rack things
pekwah1 - 7/7/17 at 02:34 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking a bit further ahead, and have been pondering about how much stuff i can carry in the kit car.
My immediate thought would be some right angle bits of metal/tube that would essentially bolt onto the uprights of the roll bar with slats horizontally to be able to strap things to.

Hopefully that makes sense, just wondered if anyone has already done similar and got some friendly photos they'd like to share?

Regards,
Andy

adithorp - 7/7/17 at 02:43 PM

Not a 7esque but made this for mine. Hangs on 4 tabs on the roll bar.

[URL=http://s189.photobucket.com/user/adrianthorp/media/fury107.jpg.html][/U RL]

pekwah1 - 7/7/17 at 04:13 PM

Nice, that's the kind of thing i was thinking of, but wanted to try and avoid the extra bars coming from the horizontal so that i can put potentially large things on it (suitcases etc).

peter030371 - 7/7/17 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Nice, that's the kind of thing i was thinking of, but wanted to try and avoid the extra bars coming from the horizontal so that i can put potentially large things on it (suitcases etc).

I was thinking of something similar to Adi for my Striker but with clamps to the existing roll bar and the supporting bars going to the top of the outer verticals

907 - 7/7/17 at 07:07 PM

WOOOH ! Love the roll bar.

jacko - 7/7/17 at 07:15 PM

Description
Description

Bags are best and bungee straps
Jacko

peter030371 - 7/7/17 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Description
Description

Bags are best and bungee straps
Jacko

Maybe for some but I would doubt the fibreglass bodywork on my Striker would survive the first big bump

pekwah1 - 7/7/17 at 08:46 PM

Yeh likewise!
That's why I was thinking a proper metal frame thing....
I guess I'll get it through Iva first and then start fabricating.....

rodgling - 7/7/17 at 09:40 PM

I made this recently, it will carry a set of wheels & tyres to a track day. It hooks over the roll bar (I'll add some split hoses to prevent scratching the powder coating).