Board logo

Market research help please
Jon Ison - 14/4/08 at 09:46 PM

Tried to put this in anything else but cant post a pic in there unless its hosted somewhere on the Internet so its here.

If you saw the logo below where would you imagine they did most if not all of there trading ? sensible answers please as believe it or not this is genuine market research.

Thanks Mrs Jon.

Tim 45 - 14/4/08 at 09:49 PM

a market stall.

Jon Ison - 14/4/08 at 09:51 PM

20 views and one not so sensible answer, ah well.

RichardK - 14/4/08 at 09:54 PM

ebay

matt.c - 14/4/08 at 09:57 PM

Youngsters world?

Tim 45 - 14/4/08 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
20 views and one not so sensible answer, ah well.

a little unfair there

Benzine - 14/4/08 at 09:59 PM

I thought "ebay" to start with because of the colours but then I thought "maybe that's too obvious" then I thought "hmmm I don't know what I'm thinking anymore"

Are these my feet?!

Such a bright yellow makes the logo quite hard to read. The yellow "a" in the ebay logo is more of a mustard colour

[Edited on 14/4/08 by Benzine]

eccsmk - 14/4/08 at 10:02 PM

an area where youngsters would see it
i.e. a shop designed for young people

sorry if im wrong

caber - 14/4/08 at 10:07 PM

colours ebay, name, well came up with swag bags and stripey shirts, big black hats, shirts and white ties, Violin cases fitted for thompson sub machine guns, then started thinking if gimp suites!
New name I think!

Caber

robinbastd - 14/4/08 at 10:08 PM

Jon,
The question is are you selling a quality product, because if you are that's not (IMHO) the logo for you.

I guess that the logo is intended for use on an Ebay shop selling your cooker hoods. Make it less juvenile and take it up-market.

Rich advice coming from a gutter trader like myself!

Ian

Jon Ison - 14/4/08 at 10:09 PM

not really looking for what is been sold, just where.

MikeR - 14/4/08 at 10:09 PM

ebay is the obvious answer and therefore where they should be trading (cause its like obvious and therefore makes sense and like, would be pointless otherwise).

As you're selling hoodies i'd also expect to see you down the playground at 9pm with some cheep beer.

(well it must be thirsty work selling cooker hoods all day)

I'd be tempted to tone down the colours a little, the yellow isn't distinct enough, perhaps edge each one with black would help (but bear in mind i've got a cracking headache so its not helping).

Jon Ison - 14/4/08 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robinbastd
Jon,
The question is are you selling a quality product, because if you are that's not (IMHO) the logo for you.

I guess that the logo is intended for use on an Ebay shop selling your cooker hoods. Make it less juvenile and take it up-market.

Rich advice coming from a gutter trader like myself!

Ian

Point taken as you seem to be not the only one, always willing to listen.

So, a name ? Your right btw re cooker hoods.

edit to add re colors was just a quicki to see if people thought ebay, colors would could be done better.

[Edited on 14/4/08 by Jon Ison]

RazMan - 14/4/08 at 10:11 PM

The name smacks of discount stall on a Canvey Island market, but the colours obviously suggest eBay .... but not in a nice way I'm afraid.

DIY Si - 14/4/08 at 10:12 PM

If you ignore the actually letters, it looks quite childish in a way, the colours are too bright to sit anywhere other than either ebay or perhaps a toy store of some type. Or, as has been said, some where like a market, where having an eye catching stand is half the battle.

robinbastd - 14/4/08 at 10:18 PM

Derbyshire Cooker Hoods ?
Just in case you like it the domain name derbyshirecookerhoods.co.uk seems to be available.
If you haven't got a website yet - you should as you shouldn't have all your eggs in the Ebay basket.
Ian

Jon Ison - 14/4/08 at 10:19 PM

Bear in mind it twas Mrs's idea, I'm gonna tell on you all.........

Seriously she currently trades as "hoods-n-stuff" looking to change and she/we are seriously open to suggestions.

She sells mainly lower end cooker hood extractors, cheap n cheerful but loads of em.

Jon Ison - 14/4/08 at 10:25 PM

hoods-n-stuff

DIY Si - 14/4/08 at 10:29 PM

Is it just a new e-bay name you're after, or more of a "proper" company name, IYSWIM?

RazMan - 14/4/08 at 10:30 PM

Personally I quite like Hoods'n'stuff

How about Hooderama or 'Boyz wiv da Hoodz' ?

[runs and hides behind sofa]

[Edited on 14-4-08 by RazMan]

Jon Ison - 14/4/08 at 10:30 PM

new ebay name, she dont like hoods-n-stuff

DIY Si - 14/4/08 at 10:37 PM

Some along the lines of Kitchen Furniture perhaps? Or Cooker Furniture maybe? I'm guessing Cooker Hoods 'R Us sin;t on the cards?!

Fozzie - 14/4/08 at 11:16 PM

Well, without reading the replies to your question.......

with the colours used, my very first thought was that it is connected to/trading on Ebay...
purely because of the colour palette used.......

Fozzie

ETA......now I have read the replies.....
Got to say, from a female perspective,... I think I have to agree with Robinbastd's comments......IMHO of course

[Edited on 14-4-08 by Fozzie]

Peteff - 14/4/08 at 11:28 PM

The colours suggest ebay
logo
logo

It could be a little jauntier though.
How about cukeruds Jon?

[Edited on 14/4/08 by Peteff]

Macbeast - 14/4/08 at 11:55 PM

Toys R Us ??

It's a bad idea to have lots of different colours because the eye/brain has to work out what it says from the individual letters rather than take it in instantly.

matt_claydon - 15/4/08 at 12:26 AM

First thing I thought was Toys R Us! The version above looks better but I'd still go for something more sophisticated given your product.

[Edited on 15/4/08 by matt_claydon]

oldtimer - 15/4/08 at 07:07 AM

Tasmania?

Paul TigerB6 - 15/4/08 at 09:29 AM

First thing i thought of myself was it was for kids stuff followed closely by ebay.

How about Hoods-on-bay?? Bit of a play on words of Hudson Bay

Hammerhead - 15/4/08 at 10:36 AM

Robin's Hoods? seeing as you are close to sherwood forest

[Edited on 15/4/08 by Hammerhead]

DarrenW - 15/4/08 at 11:12 AM

Im answering before looking at any other replies.

Ebay

Answer slightly skewed as i know you are both ebay traders.

Macbeast - 15/4/08 at 11:20 AM

MOTHERHOOD ?

Mark Allanson - 26/5/08 at 09:58 PM

..or with a little french authenticity

'Labia de Cuisine'