Board logo

Hi All New Builder
Shadowcaster - 31/7/08 at 07:32 PM

Hello to everyone, just started my build of a Haynes Roadster. Been looking here and the Roadster Forum and you all seem like an amiable bunch of nutters. Looking foward to the build and will be asking loads of questions as I get along with it

Cheers Rich

graememk - 31/7/08 at 07:38 PM

hello and welcome

what engine will you be using?

[Edited on 31/7/08 by graememk]

carpmart - 31/7/08 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
hello and welcome

what engine will you be using?

[Edited on 31/7/08 by graememk]

First rule of this forum is don't get suckered into answering any question regarding CEC or BEC.

Trust me on this!

omega0684 - 31/7/08 at 08:00 PM

welcome to the even nuttier house!

graememk - 31/7/08 at 08:03 PM

bec or cec lol

jacko - 31/7/08 at 08:03 PM

Welcome
Jacko

Shadowcaster - 31/7/08 at 08:25 PM

Thanks for the welcome, as for engine I'm still undecided. most likely a Pinto for ease but I like the sound of the Zetec or a K series but modding the ally sump and making it leak free worries me a bit on the Zetec and not to keen on the price of the adapter plate for the K series. I'm not going to use a doner car will instead look for stuff as I need them not as cheap maybe but for me a more practical solution.

Ben_Copeland - 31/7/08 at 08:39 PM

Whereabouts you located?

Any help you need don't hesitate to post !

RichardK - 31/7/08 at 08:39 PM

Good choice of engine mate

Rich

Oh and welcome to the mad house, they're all mad here I tell you

[Edited on 31/7/08 by RichardK]

LBMEFM - 31/7/08 at 08:46 PM

Welcome onboard, you will find this site the most useful thing you have ever found.
Barry

Shadowcaster - 31/7/08 at 08:59 PM

Ah yes forgot to say I'm in St Erme in Sunny Cornwall, which must be the wettist place on the planet this week

ReMan - 31/7/08 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowcaster
Thanks for the welcome, as for engine I'm still undecided. most likely a Pinto for ease but I like the sound of the Zetec or a K series but modding the ally sump and making it leak free worries me a bit on the Zetec and not to keen on the price of the adapter plate for the K series. I'm not going to use a doner car will instead look for stuff as I need them not as cheap maybe but for me a more practical solution.

Not bitten yet!

Plenty of time to change his mind yet then. Someone offer him a ride in a BEC when he lets us know where he is

[Edited on 31/7/08 by ReMan]

Mark Allanson - 31/7/08 at 09:18 PM

...and if you get stuck, help is never too far away

Triton - 31/7/08 at 09:30 PM

Not far at all....

les g - 31/7/08 at 09:46 PM

he,s closer to you pair than me but if you need
any help mate just shout
cheers les g

[Edited on 31/7/08 by les g]

simoto - 31/7/08 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:

Not bitten yet!

Plenty of time to change his mind yet then. Someone offer him a ride in a BEC when he lets us know where he is

Like he said, and welcome. Be careful about having an opinion(or a bike engine) though....its not encouraged

les g - 31/7/08 at 09:51 PM

anybody detect a cornish theme here

Shadowcaster - 1/8/08 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by les g

Trelawneys army are comming

Dangle_kt - 1/8/08 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by simoto
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:

Not bitten yet!

Like he said, and welcome. Be careful about having an opinion(or a bike engine) though....its not encouraged

robinbastd - 1/8/08 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by les g

Just in case you happen to need St. Piran's flags ( 4 sizes and bunting ).......

Ian

t.j. - 2/8/08 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
...and if you get stuck, help is never too far away

Hey, does that mean you can help me, at home

Btw, welcome Rich, I'm the only one who is not nuts. Bliep Bliep

[Edited on 2/8/08 by t.j.]

Jasper - 2/8/08 at 01:33 PM

Hey - wots all this being nice and welcoming or even talking to Noobie's on the site? Surely we should do wot they do on nearly every other forum - totally ignore every post until they've made at least 500 of them .....

Is it me or is that wot tends to happen elsewhere - unless you're one of the 'regulars' ... really pisses me off....

Anyway - welcome, plenty of overly helpful people on here ....

purdy - 2/8/08 at 05:13 PM

hi welcome mate

im new to and ive just finnished my build,
Wish i had joined when i 1st started.

the main thing is dont worry about the sva its a breeze go for the test when you think you are ready.. you will fail 1st time but its only £35 notes for a retest and they give you all the problems to solve... mainly sharp edges and taty little things

All the best Purdy

Shadowcaster - 2/8/08 at 06:47 PM

Thanks again for the welcome, this is one friendly forum.