Board logo

The 419 scams still work
flak monkey - 19/1/09 at 12:53 PM

Unbelievably people still fall for the 419 scams...

http://www.windsorstar.com/Leamington+loses+Nigerian+scam/1173799/story.html?ref=canada.com

No wonder they keep sending them out....

David

Mr Whippy - 19/1/09 at 01:01 PM

[img][/img]

Xtreme Kermit - 19/1/09 at 01:12 PM

Can't believe anyone falls for this

coozer - 19/1/09 at 01:13 PM

Ha ha ha, what a nugget!

Spyderman - 19/1/09 at 01:13 PM

It will only work if you are greedy and stupid!

02GF74 - 19/1/09 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spyderman
It will only work if you are greedy and stupid!

You could say that anyone below average inteligence is stupid then that'll be 1/2 the UK population. And most people are greedy so there is a huge base of potential victims.

Not all of these are scams but I don't know what is holding up Reverend Umdogo sending my $ 35 M as he has my bank details.

Mr Whippy - 19/1/09 at 01:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by SpydermanNot all of these are scams but I don't know what is holding up Reverend Umdogo sending my $ 35 M as he has my bank details.

The Reverend Umdogo?!

But….he promised me the $35M cos he said I was special and he’d picked me out of millions of people as I seemed trustworthy enough to look after his millions, for a half share like, he’s very generous

He’s got my girlfriend as the deposit and I’m meeting him tonight alone in a dark ally to give him my card details. I’m sure you must be thinking of someone else.

afj - 19/1/09 at 02:19 PM

Its not that funny, the poor bloke is probably stuffed with that debt for the rest of his days ,
but it did make me smile

02GF74 - 19/1/09 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by afj
Its not that funny, the poor bloke is probably stuffed with that debt for the rest of his days.

Well that is just tough titties. Hard work and intelligence should be rewarded, stupidity, greed and lazinees should be punished.

Surely the one rule in life that you learn as soon as you are weaned off baby milk is that noone in this wild is going to give you money for nothing

afj - 19/1/09 at 03:09 PM

Well that is just tough titties. Hard work and intelligence should be rewarded, stupidity, greed and lazinees should be punished.

now i would vote for that, when are you running for PM